News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LED light conversion issue

Started by oldcarnut, March 07, 2018, 10:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I changed my 70 front park/turn lights to a self contained built in circuit LED lights and installed a new Electro flasher.  Not a simple bulb replacement but a complete unit.  Worked great on all accounts (flash, run, emerg, run/flash).  Then I replaced all four rear with the 1157 LED replacement bulbs.  Then the problem started.  As long as the filament rear bulbs are in, everything worked fine.  With the LED bulbs in, they will not flash.  Run/brake are fine but no flashing. The flasher doesn't work either. I changed the right side back to filament and left the left side LED.  Right side flashes now but not the left.  What am I missing that causes the LEDS not to flash? Tried to search but didn't find this issue.

garner7555

It sounds like your new "electro Flasher" isn't made for all LEDs.    Try swapping it for one designed to run only LEDs
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

oldcarnut

Quote from: garner7555 on March 07, 2018, 11:14:24 PM
It sounds like your new "electro Flasher" isn't made for all LEDs.    Try swapping it for one designed to run only LEDs
Swapped it out and seemed to have fixed it.  Emerg flasher works now too but it's running a regular flasher.  Just a little disappointed the taillights weren't as bright as I thought they would be.

garner7555

69 Charger 440 resto-mod