News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My EX Superbird Clone for sale on Craigslist

Started by graybo, March 07, 2018, 10:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

I traded my clone for a real Superbird.  I still have the title for the Clone and want to help sell it for the gentleman I traded it too.  He has some health issues and wants to sell.  I build the car so please contact me with any questions.  Car is #1 tribute.  Thanks  John  724-290-0362  Graybo@zoominternet.net

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/1970-plymouth-superbird-440/6521433696.html

cudavic

Nice looking build.

A couple quick questions:

Who made the Superbird reproduction parts?
The headlight actuators are they pneumatic or electric?
The wing, OEM, fiberglass or aluminum reproduction? Are there support brackets in the trunk under the fenders?
Trunk hing stops appear to be welded onto the hing arm as opposed to the hing body correct?
The hoses running between the starter and the block, I am assuming that they are transmission cooling lines correct?
Rear window and trim what is it from?

Again it is a great looking recreation.

Sincerely Vic

graybo

Quote from: cudavic on March 08, 2018, 09:26:58 AM
Nice looking build.

A couple quick questions:

Who made the Superbird reproduction parts?
The headlight actuators are they pneumatic or electric?
The wing, OEM, fiberglass or aluminum reproduction? Are there support brackets in the trunk under the fenders?
Trunk hing stops appear to be welded onto the hing arm as opposed to the hing body correct?
The hoses running between the starter and the block, I am assuming that they are transmission cooling lines correct?
Rear window and trim what is it from?

Again it is a great looking recreation.

Sincerely Vic

Vic,  Nose cone and wing by Ted Janek. The hollow wing uprights were reinforced and filled with fiber and rosin for strength.  All headlight buckets,  Z brackets, frame braces, Latch tray are all steel from Erik Nelson. 

Headlight operate electrically from a Porsche headlight motor on a rod that operates both lights.

Wing washers are welded into the underside of the quarter as original and it does have wing braces to floor.

You are correct about the trunk stops location.

Those are tranny lines that run to a hidden cooler inside the nose.

Rear window and trim is also Janek.  Very expensive glass and trim I might add. LOL. 

cudavic

John

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions in such detail.
You did an amazing job on the car in my opinion.

Sincerely Vic

billssuperbird

Why are you selling it and did you take that trip with your son

odcics2

Quote from: billssuperbird on March 09, 2018, 10:17:19 AM
Why are you selling it and did you take that trip with your son

See post #1 for first question...   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?