News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One or Legendary Head Liner/ Best aftermarket console shell?

Started by krigel, March 08, 2018, 08:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krigel

I'm just about done putting the outside of the car together and have most of the pieces for the interior already...just wondering about headliner...68 Charger with the pearl white interior. Which is better? Legendary or year one?

Also, my console has seen way better days...is there an aftermarket shell that is actually any good? Tony's parts? Classic Industries?

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

KR

Bronzedodge

I would suspect that Legendary is the supplier for Year One.

I don't know anything about Tony's consoles, but Tony is pretty cool to deal with.   :cheers:
Mopar forever!

69bfan

It has been many years since I have purchased from Year One, but Year One is probably purchasing headliners from REM as everybody else is.  Unless your requesting a NOS material, then Legendary is sourcing them from outside as well.  So you just need to check with your favorite vendor or your upholstery shop for the best customer service and pricing.  I do not recommend purchasing the headliners until it is basically time to install.  As a vendor for REM, it usually only takes two to three weeks to sew a headliner that is not in stock.  A headliner that has been folded for years awaiting installation will take considerable more steaming and stretching to remove the wrinkles. 
For the console shells, trying to get all of the components to work correctly will take considerable work.  In the long run, you will find that it will be less work and possibly less dollars to find good used components and assemble one from the various components. 
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

Ghoste

I think Tony is the one who is reproducing the console shells so its likely that Classic are just getting them from him anyway.  In either case, I've seen the one from Tony's and its a top quality part and well worth the money in my opinion.