News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wanted: Original Daytona / C500 wind deflectors -Found

Started by hemi68charger, February 19, 2018, 11:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..

As many already know, I just picked up another C500........ It has reproduction deflectors and the fit at the top by the windshield and drip trough molding isn't the best in the world.. Anyone know of a good original pair for sale someone would be willing to let go? Anyone have pictures of their metal reproductions that fit real good and who made them?
Hope it is appropriate to post here.....

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

odcics2

Do your repops have the 4 small tabs on the inboard sides? (just wondering)

I found an NOS driver side on ebay a few months back, then found an NOS pass side a few weeks after that.

Have your wallet ready.   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

aerolith

Hi Troy,
I had a number for a guy in the USA with some but I lost his details.
I think he was on here a while back with a spare set from a C500 rebuild.
I need a set too, but repops are all I can afford on a pension lol...

Hope to see you at the Spring-Fling, there was a set there back about ten years ago and I missed them BOOHOO!
They were off a totally wrecked C500 for $500, the following year the whole car (wreck) was for sale at $30,000...(without deflectors lol)

Jon
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

hemi68charger

Think I have secured a pair of originals..... I am going to sell a couple of things to secure these and get real deflectors on a real C500......   :2thumbs:
The Troy-detailing on the car has already begun.......  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

aerolith

What you saying there Troy?
Some C500's aren't real or just their deflectors... :smilielol:

I was gonna only go original parts myself but my budget says otherwise, repop for me. :icon_smile_big:
I would even consider SECONDHAND repops at the right price lol... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Mostly real C500 owner with repop deflectors... :pity: :pity: :pity: POSSIBLY.
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

hemi68charger

Quote from: aerolith on February 21, 2018, 11:51:04 AM
What you saying there Troy?
Some C500's aren't real or just their deflectors... :smilielol:

I was gonna only go original parts myself but my budget says otherwise, repop for me. :icon_smile_big:
I would even consider SECONDHAND repops at the right price lol... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Mostly real C500 owner with repop deflectors... :pity: :pity: :pity: POSSIBLY.

If you're throwing out the bait for a bite, it just might work......... I won't use the ones I take off........  I have found a pair of originals.....  And believe me, I totally get the budget part...
Troy

aerolith

Wow Troy, you is a true Gentleman indeed!!! :pity: :pity: :pity:

I thought you was making a 'fake' Daytona comment on my C500.
It was clonded up as a Daytona (by a German guy) in the Nineties and even sold as a Daytona!
Think the guy was sent to 'The Rock' for a while and deported, for his fraudulant ways!!! :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_blackeye:

The Feds cut up the clone XX29 Daytona and destroyed it!!! :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :hack: :hack: :hack:

They saved one part from the rear wing which I have as a memento from those dark days... :slap: :slap: :slap:

You couldn't make this stuff up lol. :patrol: :patrol: :patrol: :patrol: :patrol:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Hi Troy if you hadn't had your head turned by a Copper-top you could have had my Green-greeny lol :scratchchin:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

hemi68charger

Woohoo.. 😁
Received original deflectors yesterday from Mr. Wayne.. Thanks Bud.. So, this will get my new Charger 500 a little better...n
Troy