News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mini-Starter Feedback:

Started by Captain D, March 10, 2018, 03:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Agreed, when we went to extract the old stock / factory styled starter, the shop had to essentially disassemble it while the unit was still attached to the engine in order to remove the piece - it was that tightly wedged. Crazy. This may help to explain why I opted for a much more open set-up by going from one extreme to the other. I'm willing to sacrifice a few 'ponies' for greater accessibility and ease under the hood at my age, lol,   ;D

W4ATL

My DB Electrical mini starter is about 8 years old and it has worked great. Great upgrade.

c00nhunterjoe

Ive got all kinds of room....  :rofl:

Captain D

Those headers are a beast, lol, where did you find em' at? I can't imagine how they sound,  ;) Btw, great to hear more positive reviews on DB Electric...

c00nhunterjoe

Mine are tti step headers. 2 inch tubes at the head, stepped out to 2 1/8. They are huge, but fit very nice. They clear everything,  barely. But for their ridiculous size, quite impressive that they interfere with nothing. Stock starter would never fit, mini is VERY close.

jwells1993

Quote from: NHCharger on April 01, 2018, 10:32:43 AM
FYI. You will need to remove that plastic extension for the wiring.  And wire the starter before you bolt it in. Not much clearance between the studs for the wires and the block.

i was literally bout to say that just put mine in and figured that out
keep on keepin on