News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's your favourite drink?

Started by Fred, March 13, 2018, 11:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipeliner

Quote from: Fred on March 16, 2018, 11:13:36 PM
Can you taste the iron in that (wherever you get it from)?

We used to have a place where you could get mineral   water straight out of the ground (via a tap) and you sure could taste the iron in it.
In our county it is split up like half of the county has a lot of coal, it's nothing but Iron water and it taste like sulfur, nasty. The other half of the county is limestone and that's where the good spring water is and it's also where what we make our shine out of.

Fred

Quote from: pipeliner on March 17, 2018, 05:32:26 AM
Quote from: Fred on March 16, 2018, 11:13:36 PM
Can you taste the iron in that (wherever you get it from)?

We used to have a place where you could get mineral   water straight out of the ground (via a tap) and you sure could taste the iron in it.
In our county it is split up like half of the county has a lot of coal, it's nothing but Iron water and it taste like sulfur, nasty. The other half of the county is limestone and that's where the good spring water is and it's also where what we make our shine out of.

That's very interesting. Thanks for clearing that up.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

DeltaV

Quote from: DeltaV on March 16, 2018, 11:11:51 PM
spring water straight out of the ground

In Virginia the spring water was very good. No odd tastes.
In Virginia the well water tasted very strange.
In Washington State the spring water was very good. No odd tastes.
In upstate New York the well water was excellent tasting.
In Georgia the well water needs to sit awhile to air out the sulphur smell and taste. Then, it is good to drink. The well is 400+ feet deep.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

4cruzin

Hmmm never had Coffee, don't drink sodapop . . . Ice tea and water.  Social drink is I.P.A. . . . strong hoppy thick rich BEER!  Yum . . . sadly I drink too much . . .
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Fred

Quote from: 4cruzin on March 19, 2018, 01:19:46 PM
Hmmm never had Coffee, don't drink sodapop . . . Ice tea and water.  Social drink is I.P.A. . . . strong hoppy thick rich BEER!  Yum . . . sadly I drink too much . . .

Never had a coffee?.............You mean never ever in your life?? Not even once?

alfaitalia

Me neither..... or tea....cant stand the taste of either and never have.....thought I was going to be thrown out of the country after Brexit ......for being a Brit that does not like tea! We are a rare bunch over here!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

70 sublime

I am another that does not drink coffee since summer of 1981

As a boy scout we went to the Canadian Jamboree out in Alberta ( I am in Ontario)
Our group was one of the last to leave the camp on the last bus
Got to the airport but plane did not leave till early next morning
Someone had the bright idea we all had to stay awake all night so we did not miss the plane
So we started drinking coffee and eating stale donuts
Donuts ran out but there was still coffee
I never had coffee before and have never had another one since

Guess my drink of choice would be real orange juice
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Fred

I do like my  coffee (2 to 3 cups a day max).
I haven't had a coke in over 15 years now and don't miss it at all. I did buy a 6 pack of small bottles a few weeks back thinking that maybe after all this time I'd enjoy a bourbon and coke for a change but found I couldn't drink it. It was so disgustingly sweet I had to tip it away.....coke bottles too.

AKcharger

Bronzedodge

Coffee in the morning, usually a glass of juice for the vitamin C.  Gatoraide low cal in the summer (G2) during the day.  Beer, and Rum and low cal Coke, cause regular Coke is too sweet.
Mopar forever!

Fred

Quote from: Bronzedodge on March 21, 2018, 09:40:40 AM
Coffee in the morning, usually a glass of juice for the vitamin C.  Gatoraide low cal in the summer (G2) during the day.  Beer, and Rum and low cal Coke, cause regular Coke is too sweet.

So you're saying that low cal coke isn't as sweet as regular coke?   Maybe I need to give that a try.

Fred

RallyeMike

Probably Manny's Pale Ale. At least it wins by volume.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Fred

B I Y..........

c00nhunterjoe

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

polywideblock

alfaitalia

polywideblock

4cruzin

Quote from: Fred on March 19, 2018, 06:34:34 PM
Quote from: 4cruzin on March 19, 2018, 01:19:46 PM
Never had a coffee?.............You mean never ever in your life?? Not even once?

Yep growing up, my family didn't drink coffee . . . dad drank tea and mom . . . soda.  I just never tried it and doesn't bother me a bit.  I used to drink Pepsi but quit that 12 - 15 years ago . . . now no soda at all.     
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Fred

Interesting how different we all are.

alfaitalia

Fred