News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

engineswap from small to bigblock 1977 Dodge W200

Started by kokxville, March 16, 2018, 04:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

Hey guys,
i guy i know want's to change his 318 for a 440.
It's a army truck Dodge W200 same model as m880 or powerwagon.
Anyone of you guys did a swap like this?

If so,what needs to be changed?
I know i need a bigblock transmission,but what about motormounts,brakebooster,wiring,shifter linkage etc.
Any info would be appriciated.

Thanks.
:cheers:
John
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

chargerbr549

Check out this site you should be able to find most of what you are looking for http://ramchargercentral.com 

There is alot to change when doing this swap your best bet would be to find a donor vehicle but finding them in todays day and age gets to be pretty difficult.

With the transmission all you need is a big block case and you should be able to swap over the internals but you have to be careful on what years your mating to together.

You need to have an oil pan, motor mounts and exhaust manifolds from a big block pickup or for exhaust you can use 78070 Hedman shortys with the mini starter in place of manifolds.

The brake booster will need to be changed to the big block style booster or usually the 3/4 tons on up got the same smaller double diaphram booster. If you don't change the booster you will have to modify to valve cover to fit and then usually will have to unbolt the brake booster assembly if you need to take the valve cover off for any reason.

The front brackets for the most parts have to be changed or modified since the bracket systems are completely different between big block and small block.

The wiring shouldn't be a very big deal just some minor modifications.

The 440 is a great swap to do.

Check these guys out for big block swap kits.

http://bouchillonperformance.com/pdc_big_block_truck_install_kit

kokxville

Hey chargerbr549,

Thanks a lot for this information. :2thumbs:
I'll dive right into it. :yesnod:

:cheers:
John
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"