News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door glass seals

Started by joevhb, March 23, 2018, 06:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joevhb

I'm looking for a parts source for the door glass channel seals for a '68 Charger. That's the seal that allows the glass to slide in the channel with the vent window. Any help will be much appreciated.

69bfan

The mylar seals are available as a reproduction piece.  The OEM pieces have been discontinued from Chrysler.  I have to say that the OEM pieces are much easier to work with, but they are very expensive as the reproductions are expensive enough.  We stock both the reproductions and have a very limited amount of the OEM pieces.  Numerous vendors offer the reproductions and there are some tricks that makes using them a bit more easier.  With either style, extreme caution is needed as they are very fragile and easily torn. 
I will drop you a private message on the pricing.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

cazzz

I need some too please drop me a pm too...

69bfan

Private message sent on the door glass channel runs.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

green69rt

Yeap, those window runs go for $100 a piece on ebay( crazy!!.)  I've also heard that the repros are a pain to make work.

Look at this thread, reply #10.  The middle of the picture shows the packaging for NOS parts ($100/piece) and the old part laying on top.  I think someone is now making a better one for around $150 a pair.  Still a lot but what can you do?   :shruggy:

Edit.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,130202.0.html

Oops, didn't get the link in.

Dino

I have wasted so much time and money on these that I found some worn used seals. My power windows just wouldn't work properly with the repros but it shouldn't be much of an issue with manual windows me thinks.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Dino on March 25, 2018, 08:29:38 AM
I have wasted so much time and money on these that I found some worn used seals. My power windows just wouldn't work properly with the repros but it shouldn't be much of an issue with manual windows me thinks.

I had the same problem in my 70 Charger after installing a complete factory power window set up along with NOS motors as I didn't want any issues, EVERY roller/guide/channel/nut/bolt/etc/etc was refurbished/replaced/lubricated, ....I used NOS A frame glass channel runners, too much drag, then I bought the repro A frame glass channel runners, again too much drag, I ended up using some nice "aged" originals, like you I probably threw away $250+ only to reuse an old set out of some parts doors  :brickwall: :icon_smile_big: