News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hagerty Renewal - Premium up Significantly?

Started by chargerperson, March 24, 2018, 04:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brass

Quote from: Aero426 on March 28, 2018, 10:57:21 AM
Your regular carrier isn't necessarily bad.   But collector cars aren't their thing.   Their adjusters are probably not skilled in that regard.   They might even prefer you move the car to a collector policy.  

Every regular carrier I have spoken to cannot grasp collector cars.  They are completely lost in the woods.  They don't know where to start regarding value, and actual appreciation, as opposed to depreciation, is a mind-blowing concept.  It's like the upside-down to them.

fizley

My renewal went up $43.  My 68 Charger RT is insured for  $46K, and total prem was $378.

Old Moparz

I've posted this before, but here it is again. I've had Condon & Skelly since 1989 & my rates only went up when I changed the value of a car & increased it.

http://www.condonskelly.com/

'68 Charger (project) value at $6500+/-
'68 Coronet (project) value at $3000=/-
'69 Satellite Convertible, value at $7000+/-
'70 Road Runner, value at $20,000
'71 Scamp, value at $6500+/-

The total premium is $376 for the year, & a no brainer if you ask me.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

lloyd3

So-far, so-good with American Collectors.  I've even had a claim w/them. 

poppa

Quote from: moparstuart on March 28, 2018, 12:37:05 PM
Adam Boca
Insurance Agent
NCM Insurance Agency/National Corvette Museum
350 Corvette Dr
Bowling Green, KY 42101
p. 877.678.7626
f. 270.781.5286
w. www.ncminsurance.com
e. adam@corvettemuseum.org

these guys are great  if your getting quotes try them out  , its thru American Modern , great rates and service and All the snooty corvette guys use  it .

I have them too. Good thing I read this .... mine was due yesterday.
Mine's like #341 for 40k agreed ,plus I can drive to work once in a while . Better than others when I was looking. Actually have our home owners with them now , only 3 companies would cover our house.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Wingnut426

Just got my Hagerty renewal today. Went up $3!  The nerve!   LOL!   Thanks for making me get all worked up over nothing!  WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

moparstuart

Quote from: Wingnut426 on April 09, 2018, 10:06:03 AM
Just got my Hagerty renewal today. Went up $3!  The nerve!   LOL!   Thanks for making me get all worked up over nothing!  WINGNUT
at your age we were just making sure your heart was still pumping .  And make sure im in the will for the convertible   :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Homerr

Wouldn't insurance rates be higher if the median Charger is now $70k replacement value instead of $40k a few years ago? 

And if more overall Chargers have an agreed upon value up near, or over, that median value?   I.E. more potential claims per year.

I hate a big jump in rates as much as anyone, but it seems like rates maybe have been slow to react to market conditions.   :shruggy:

poppa

Looked last night , mine actually went down about $30 from last year.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

myk

Quote from: Homerr on April 12, 2018, 09:37:01 AM
Wouldn't insurance rates be higher if the median Charger is now $70k replacement value instead of $40k a few years ago? 

And if more overall Chargers have an agreed upon value up near, or over, that median value?   I.E. more potential claims per year.

I hate a big jump in rates as much as anyone, but it seems like rates maybe have been slow to react to market conditions.   :shruggy:

Wait.  The average price of a 2nd Gen Charger is now $70K?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Homerr on April 12, 2018, 09:37:01 AM

If my policy doesnt cover my car for 70k, then why should i pay 70k rates?