News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint codes for interior trim

Started by 66FBCharger, March 26, 2018, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

I have a '70 road runner. The fender tag says the interior is H2T5. Where would I find the code for the paint/dye to redo the plastic pieces (A pillar, dash pieces etc.) and the dash pad.
Thanks.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

BLK 68 R/T

Whats the 3 digit code just to the right of the H2T5?

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto

BLK 68 R/T

I'm not finding that color anywhere in the 1970 color charts. Only place I see it is in the 69 plymouth colors. T5, Bronze Fire Poly, paint code is 2031 in PPG.

hemigeno

I think the OP is looking for interior dye for the plastic & dash pad?

xxT5 in 1970 = Saddle Tan

I have no idea if this is a color match for that year, but here's a possibility:

https://www.semproducts.com/product/color-coattm-aerosols/15033

Alaskan_TA

Soft parts had the colors in the vinyl & plastic, so there is not a 'factory' dye code.

Ryan.C

Herbs sells paint code matched interior vinl paint in aerosol cans. Works on plastic pieces and soft trim.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

66FBCharger

Quote from: hemigeno on March 26, 2018, 02:36:03 PM
I think the OP is looking for interior dye for the plastic & dash pad?

xxT5 in 1970 = Saddle Tan

I have no idea if this is a color match for that year, but here's a possibility:

https://www.semproducts.com/product/color-coattm-aerosols/15033

Yes hemigeno I am looking for dye for the plastic parts and dashpad. If I use paint won't it look painted and lose some of the grain detail?

hemigeno

Quote from: 66FBCharger on March 26, 2018, 01:34:40 PM

Corrected: FT6

FT6 would be the upper door frame color.  That's an exterior-type paint applied to the door frame rather than anything directly related to the color-keyed plastic components or dash pad color.

Here's the link from Herb's Parts (as pointed out by Ryan.C):

https://www.herbsparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=PAINT

Quote from: Product description text from the Herb's website

Premium Quality Interior Paints for Your 1963-76 Chrysler, Plymouth & Dodge. This is a New Formula that Penetrates the Surface of Leather, Vinyl, ABS, PVC, Polycarbonate, Acrylic, Lexan, Metal & Polypropylene, & Forms a Molecular Bond that Restores or Changes the Color Permanently. It is Dry to the Touch in 45 Seconds. Will Not Crack, Fade or Peel. The Grain Simulation is Never Altered or Hidden No Matter How Many Times the Paint is Applied. The Suppleness is Never Affected & Does Not Become Stiff or Brittle. Herb's Parts Interior Paint Can Be Used on Door Panels, Seats, Carpets, Pillar Posts, Kick Panels, Consoles...Virtually Anywhere. Paint is Sold in 12 Ounce Aerosol Cans, & Each Can Covers Approximately 7 Square Feet.