News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there another source for reproduction rocker moulding aside from Year One?

Started by JR, March 28, 2018, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

I'm looking to replace the missing stainless steel rocker trim on my 70, and the only source I can find is year one. They want 100 bucks for the clips, and 300 for the trim. I understand costs to reproduce parts is extraordinary, but that hurts.

Is there any other place to find this trim or the attachment clips?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

69bfan

Classic Industries did have them available, but the shipping from CA. to AL. is going to be much more than from GA. to AL.  RT Specialties makes the clips that everyone sells for this trim and your looking at about $5.00 per clip.  AMS Obsolete has some of the trim, but the last time that I checked, it had yet to be polished and anodized.  Might want to hold out to see when Year One or Classic has one of the discount codes available to offset the cost a bit.  But I know that the last set from Classic to a customer in WV, shipping due to the oversize length was over $80.00.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

JR

I appreciate the advice, I found the clips on RT specialties, they are 30 bucks cheaper. That will help, atleast.

I know it's strange after all the money I've spent on the car rebuilding it, but for some reason, spending almost 400 bucks on two somewhat pointless pieces of stainless trim is what hurts my wallet the most. I understand now why most guys delete it. :icon_smile_big:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Alaskan_TA

How tall are the 1970 Charger moldings? I need clips for my 1970 Sport Satellite, but I do not see them on the RTS site.

kent

Me too JR, how is the quality of these pieces. Anybody have them and are they happy with them?
Kent

DAY CLONA

Quote from: kent on March 30, 2018, 10:59:54 AM
Me too JR, how is the quality of these pieces. Anybody have them and are they happy with them?

I have the Year One pcs on my 70 Daytona, ZERO issues, nice fit/finish...

Mike

kent

Thanks for the insight Mike. Appreciate it. Guess I'll pick up a set to replace the two aluminium strips that a original owner had on her.
Kent

Troy

I would have thought that Year One would be having an Easter Sale. I bought my trim with one of their coupons but I may not need to put it on a car for 10 years!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.