News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle Chrysler Nats July 13-15 2018

Started by Bad B-rad, April 03, 2018, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad B-rad

I have been to the Mopar Nats a ton of times, but this will be my first year going to the Carlisle event.
I have been  told for YEARS how this event has become the best one to attend.

Anything can happen, but I am REALLY hoping to drive to this event 100% in my 1969, Charger, or in my buddies 1972 Dodge "camper special" truck.
The 1972 was bought new by his grandpa, so it should be a GREAT TIME!!!!!!!
Funny how it feels so far away, yet iy will be here before I know it!!!
I better get my butt in gear and get my car DONE!!!!!!

moparjohn

It is, IMO, the best show.  So yes get ready. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

alfaitalia

Its on my bucket list......No way its happening in the next year or two.....to much cash that is needed elsewhere! Would be great to celebrate completion of mine with a trip there. But one thing is for certain....I will go eventually...and I will take a fist full of photos of Project Blue Flame and proudly show them to anyone who stands near me for long enough!! :smilielol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Draco

Quote from: Bad B-rad on April 03, 2018, 12:03:38 PM

I have been to the Mopar Nats a ton of times, but this will be my first year going to the Carlisle event.
I have been  told for YEARS how this event has become the best one to attend.

Anything can happen, but I am REALLY hoping to drive to this event 100% in my 1969, Charger, or in my buddies 1972 Dodge "camper special" truck.
The 1972 was bought new by his grandpa, so it should be a GREAT TIME!!!!!!!
Funny how it feels so far away, yet iy will be here before I know it!!!
I better get my butt in gear and get my car DONE!!!!!!

The Carlisle Mopar show is a must. I am lucky enough that I live less than an hour away. If you plan to stay at a motel, book it soon. I will be there on Friday.

Bad B-rad

I just check it out, I am 3HR 20 min away from Carlisle.
I have to get a solid plan together, I may do the camping thing, if I don't do the hotel.

RiverRaider

Quote from: Bad B-rad on April 04, 2018, 03:17:42 PM
I just check it out, I am 3HR 20 min away from Carlisle.
I have to get a solid plan together, I may do the camping thing, if I don't do the hotel.

That's close, it's worth the drive, We come from Wisconsin every year. 
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

Bronzedodge

Less than 5 weeks away.  Do your tune ups and change your fluids now.   :2thumbs:
Mopar forever!

Alaskan_TA

I was there yesterday just because I can.  ;)

VegasCharger

Just booked my spots. They're going quick and I was lucky to get 3 in a row. The guy gave me a buy 2 spots get the 3rd spot free since I'm a first time participant. Also reserved a cheap hotel a week ago 20 miles down the road.

Can't wait to be at my first Chrysler Carlisle show. :cheers:

1973rallye

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 11, 2018, 02:52:11 PM
Just booked my spots. They're going quick and I was lucky to get 3 in a row. The guy gave me a buy 2 spots get the 3rd spot free since I'm a first time participant. Also reserved a cheap hotel a week ago 20 miles down the road.

Major envy Bryan.  Thinking that maybe next year going without the car to scope it out for the following year. Long trip from my home (30 plus hours driving). My car was well received in Farmington, would love to show it off at Carlisle.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

VegasCharger

Quote from: 1973rallye on June 11, 2018, 06:25:57 PM
Major envy Bryan.  Thinking that maybe next year going without the car to scope it out for the following year. Long trip from my home (30 plus hours driving). My car was well received in Farmington, would love to show it off at Carlisle.

Thanks Ray. :2thumbs:

Your 73 is off the hook. Well done restoration. No BS and very factory detailed with very good taste. The 73s are major targets for bafoonary performed on them but NOT yours by any means. Should be well received in Carlisle too.

And I just upgraded from a 20 mile away Motel room to a 11 mile away Hotel room.

4cruzin

It is 22 days and 20 hours away as of this post!  Already planning this years adventure!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

bakerhillpins

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 11, 2018, 02:52:11 PM

Bryan, (nice!)

Let us know where you are so we can stop in and say Hello. Carlisle is a LOT of fun. If you walk the field of chargers you will see a lot of us up there. If you need a spot to cool off look for the 3x black 69 from NH and feel free to introduce yourself! Lots of times I end up trying to hang out with the cool kids under the 70 tent so that's a good spot to chat folks up too.

Quote from: 4cruzin on June 20, 2018, 09:49:11 AM
It is 22 days and 20 hours away as of this post!  Already planning this years adventure!   :2thumbs:

Ugh. don't remind me. So many things to do.

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

dual fours

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

dual fours

Window tag just came today in the mail.:2thumbs:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

flyinlow

WENT last year for the first time. Great show, even the wife had a good time.  Son is getting married that weekend this year, so I guess it will be 2019 for me.

Old Moparz

Quote from: flyinlow on June 27, 2018, 11:59:58 PM
WENT last year for the first time. Great show, even the wife had a good time.  Son is getting married that weekend this year, so I guess it will be 2019 for me.

Should've had the wedding & reception under the DC.com tent & have others bring a covered dish. Troy is legally allowed to marry them since he's the owner of this site & it's at the fairgrounds. If you don't believe me, just look.....

The Pennsylvania Marriage Code.

The Pennsylvania Code is an official publication of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It contains marriage regulations and other documents filed with the Legislative Reference Bureau under the act of July 31, 1968 (P. L. 769, No. 240) (45 P. S. §§ 1102, 1201—1208 and 1602) and 45 Pa.C.S.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

resq302

I'll be there getting parts for my new ride.  Yes, snow cone maker will be with me but will be in the truck section with my Dads new 2018 Ram to haul the big parts back home.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

NHCharger

Just got my sticker :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
We are trailering the Daytona clone down on Wednesday.
Due to popular demand Carlisle is opening the gates on Thursday at 8AM, and closing the show at noon on Sunday.
There will also be the kick off party Thursday night like the previous years.
For the first time in years my shopping list is less than a page long.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

resq302

Funny, mine is exactly the opposite.  lol.   I think I have like 3 pages. 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

c00nhunterjoe

I might swing by saturday and meet some people. Never put my car in the show, doesnt quite fit the mold. Lol.

4cruzin

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 29, 2018, 02:32:14 PM
Quote from: flyinlow on June 27, 2018, 11:59:58 PM
Should've had the wedding & reception under the DC.com tent & have others bring a covered dish. Troy is legally allowed to marry them since he's the owner of this site & it's at the fairgrounds. If you don't believe me, just look.....

Is there a charger tent?  I didn't see one on the 2018 showfield map?   Is Troy going?   :shruggy:

Alaskan_TA

Vendors are setting up in the swap area & a few cars for sale already.

Forecast looks awesome so far;

4cruzin

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on July 10, 2018, 09:53:50 AM
Vendors are setting up in the swap area & a few cars for sale already.
Forecast looks awesome so far;

I agree!  Forecast looks great!  Love it!   :coolgleamA:

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel