News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle Chrysler Nats July 13-15 2018

Started by Bad B-rad, April 03, 2018, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskan_TA

I only curse when I smash a finger or thumb with a framing hammer.  :shruggy:

:smilielol:

NHCharger

Yup, done that a few times over the years.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

ODZKing

Anyone have a report on I81 south bound?
I can confirm construction from just south of Syracuse to Tully with extensive backups depending on time of day.
Southbound only as of 7/10.

Alaskan_TA

Some construction on 81 just above Carlisle, but they are not working Fri - Sun;

DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa.– The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) today announced that its Cumberland County maintenance crews will begin an extensive two-month patching project along northbound and southbound I-81 in Cumberland County.

PennDOT advises drivers that crews will begin patching on the northbound lanes of I-81 near mile marker 55, between Exit 52 for U.S. 11 (New Kingstown/Middlesex) and Exit 57 for Route 114 (Mechanicsburg), as well as in the southbound lanes from the Susquehanna river toward Exit 61 for Wertzville Road. After those areas are completed, crews will focus on the southbound lanes from Exit 37 for Route 233 (Newville) to the Cumberland/Franklin County line. In addition to the interstate, patching work will also include several exit and entrance ramps. Work on this corridor is scheduled to continue through August.

Drivers are advised to use caution as crews will be working on the interstate from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Monday through Thursday.

Crews will be working behind PennDOT trucks equipped with impact attenuators and traffic cones, with advance signage notifying of lane closures. Drivers are encouraged to slow down and use caution in the work zone. Fines are doubled for violations in work zones. Drive responsibly for your safety and the safety of the workers. Congestion and delays are possible; allow extra time for your commute and consider an alternate route.

Drivers can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 860 traffic cameras, 99 of which are in the Midstate.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
SOURCE: PennDOT

TheAutoArchaeologist

I will be at Carlisle doing shenanigans... and signing my books I think at the signing tent near the Mopar Hall of Fame?  I'm not quite sure.  Still coming together.

ODZKing

Hmm, next to impossible to not get into that construction as that is right near the fairgrounds exit.
They patch and fix and still the roads are awful   :rotz:

Mogre

Leaving tomorrow morning. Can't wait. Bringing 68-70 Charger trim.
Rear window trim, door belt trim and sail panel trim for vinyl roof.
Site P55-56. Drop in and say hello/

NHCharger

We just arrived. Drove down from NH. 495 to mass pike to 84 to 81. Was the smoothest in a while.  Some construction but not bad. I've seen a lot worse over the years
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: ODZKing on July 11, 2018, 02:40:44 PM
Hmm, next to impossible to not get into that construction as that is right near the fairgrounds exit.
They patch and fix and still the roads are awful   :rotz:

No construction Friday - Sunday;

Quotecrews will be working on the interstate from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Monday through Thursday

c00nhunterjoe

Did you really ask if 81 is under construction? Lol. Has been for the last 10 years and will be for another 20!!

ODZKing

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on July 11, 2018, 08:49:35 PM

No construction Friday - Sunday;

Quotecrews will be working on the interstate from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Monday through Thursday

Yes, but in PA, they don't pick up cones or barriers, it will still be one lane, with no merge signs that people don't payy attention to anyway.

AKcharger

where was the tent? I saw the 1970 registry tent on Friday but nothing for DC.com???

Old Moparz

Quote from: AKcharger on July 15, 2018, 05:38:04 PM
where was the tent? I saw the 1970 registry tent on Friday but nothing for DC.com???

I didn't see one either, but I was preoccupied most of the weekend & had wondered if I just "missed it"?   :shruggy:

There is the possibility that some other club stole it since Troy wasn't around to hang his banners or stand guard.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

bakerhillpins

Quote from: AKcharger on July 15, 2018, 05:38:04 PM

I was under the impression that there wasn't one. So not enough folks signed up saying that they are from the "club" last year...   :shruggy:

Quote from: dual fours on June 25, 2018, 07:19:13 PM
The Schedule and Map is up for 2018. http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-chrysler-nationals/default.aspx  Hum, I see no club tent for DodgeCharger.com
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bakerhillpins

Wonderful show as usual. I didn't venture out much as after the mad rush to get ready I felt like just sitting for 3 days. I was able to connect with a few folks from the site but not all. Some folks I had not talked with in some time! Obviously missed a few of you who just posted.

A very nice gentleman stopped under my tent and introduced himself but I was on the phone with my daughter and wasn't able to talk much. My aging memory failed me again and I forgot his board name. I think he mentioned he was from Georgia (or maybe Alabama?). I never did find him after the call to continue our conversation.  :-\

Maybe next year!  :2thumbs:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

resq302

I gotta say that trying to do the entire swap meet in one day just isn't cutting it anymore.  It took me all day just to get through the entire swap meet.  Granted, I had a huge laundry list of things to get and look for but as it was, I barely got through all the stuff.  Definitely a minimum of 2 days if you want to see the cars on the show field or see and meet up with any friends at the event.  Hopefully I will have my car together in time for next year and see about bringing it out there.  If not, an over night stay it will be !
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

4cruzin

It was a great show and the weather although was warm, there was a breeze pretty much the whole time so IMO  . . . was great!  I knew there was no tent for the group so really no chance to meet other members.  Typically we would do a group picture but not sure where or when we would of met. 

Well I guess my first questions is for those that went for the first time . . . how do you think it compared to other shows that you have attended?  Thoughts??   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

resq302

I gotta say this about the show this year...... more vendors than the past few years !!!!  More show cars than the past few years I've heard as well.  Whatever Ed and his crew at Carlisle are doing, they are doing it right since it keeps getting better and better every year!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Old Moparz

Only ran into a small number of people that I knew this year because I spent most of my time with my son Kael, who for the first time, WANTED TO GO with me.  :lol:

I gave my Coronet convertible project to him to prevent a disaster after he wanted to go look at an IROC Camaro for sale.  :o

Now he has the Mopar bug & at the age of 19, I believe it to be permanent.  :D

We got there late Thursday afternoon, walked around for about 2 or 3 hours & then went to go eat. We were there all day Friday when we bumped into several people, said hello & chatted a bit with Tom, Neil, (Chrycho Psycho all the way from Canada via Panama....lol) Rusty & Brian. I saw a bunch of cars from a lot of people on here & my son took photos of them as well as about 100 others. Went on Saturday which was very crowded & then came back Sunday to do the Hellcat Thrill Ride....What an awesome car!

Here's a photo he took of my truck on Thursday just before we left.....
               Bob                

4cruzin

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 16, 2018, 01:45:18 PM
Only ran into a small number of people that I knew this year because I spent most of my time with my son Kael, who for the first time, WANTED TO GO with me.  :lol:

I gave my Coronet convertible project to him to prevent a disaster after he wanted to go look at an IROC Camaro for sale.  :o

We got there late Thursday afternoon, walked around for about 2 or 3 hours & then went to go eat. We were there all day Friday when we bumped into several people, said hello & chatted a bit with Tom, Neil, (Chrycho Psycho all the way from Canada via Panama....lol) Rusty & Brian. I saw a bunch of cars from a lot of people on here & my son took photos of them as well as about 100 others. Went on Saturday which was very crowded & then came back Sunday to do the Hellcat Thrill Ride....What an awesome car!

I had heard from Chryco that you were there and I would of liked to have run into you but . . . maybe next year! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Old Moparz

Quote from: 4cruzin on July 16, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on July 16, 2018, 01:45:18 PM

I had heard from Chryco that you were there and I would of liked to have run into you but . . . maybe next year! 

Dave, I saw your car but you were no where near it. I even checked the sticker to see your name & the plates from MI to make sure my memory was still working.  :lol:
               Bob                

c00nhunterjoe

Sorry i didnt make it up. Had a vet emergency this weekend and had to back out. Was hoping to meet some people face to face finally.

AKcharger

I was disappointed with swap meet. It was either unusable crap or priced astronomically high. Unless I'm saving on shipping by a pick-up there I'll use internet.

Old Moparz

Quote from: AKcharger on July 17, 2018, 06:03:59 AM
I was disappointed with swap meet. It was either unusable crap or priced astronomically high. Unless I'm saving on shipping by a pick-up there I'll use internet.

A lot of things at the Carlisle swap meet have always been expensive.  ::)

However, there are deals to be found & I saw a few good ones. I actually snagged a pair of the plastic, A-Pillar trim pieces for a B-Body convertible in excellent condition for $60 from a guy that said they survived the collapse of the chicken coop. They were under a bench & in there since the 1980's, but as they tore down the rest of the building he found them & said he couldn't believe they were okay. New ones are around $170 or so, which I have a pair of, but holding onto an extra set is a plus.
               Bob                

resq302

Bob,

Please tell me those aren't blue, are they?
Brian