News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle Chrysler Nats July 13-15 2018

Started by Bad B-rad, April 03, 2018, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Quote from: resq302 on July 17, 2018, 09:42:43 AM
Bob,

Please tell me those aren't blue, are they?

No Brian, they're dark green. I have blue trim in my car so I have to dye what I have.

You won't consider dying a set? The ones that Tony D'agostino sells are nice, but only in black.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

resq302

I'm trying not to as I don't want to have to touch up or reshoot anything should it get scratched.  Also, with the rarity of my car and so few remaining, I want to try and get all original correct parts for it.  700 total production of 69 GTX verts.  178 made with the 440 and 4 speed and there are 11 left known to exist in the registry.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Old Moparz

Quote from: resq302 on July 17, 2018, 11:59:45 AM
I'm trying not to as I don't want to have to touch up or reshoot anything should it get scratched.  Also, with the rarity of my car and so few remaining, I want to try and get all original correct parts for it.  700 total production of 69 GTX verts.  178 made with the 440 and 4 speed and there are 11 left known to exist in the registry.

Hmmm, I better turn my car into a 4 speed GTX & make it an even dozen.  :D

I understand, I'd rather have original colors myself. Got lucky with all the dash pads years ago & have all blue ones. They are not dry or cracked but they are oozing which seems to be a common problem with 50 year old vinyl. I'm always hunting for ragtop parts so if I spot blue I will give you a heads up.  :cheers:
               Bob                

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Old Moparz

No problem.

Just curious though, when did you get a blue GTX? I must have missed something.  :shruggy:
               Bob                

resq302

December I sold my charger after having it for 17 years. Got bored with it as there was nothing left to do to it and I was starting thoughts of a complete repaint on it.  I've always wanted a convertible so I decided that if I sold my car, I'd get a 68-70 b body vert. Christmas Day my dad sent me an email of this car down in Kentucky so I called the guy up and asked it was still for sale. The ad on the forum was from 2016. Low and behold, it was. So after doing some research, I flew down there and checked out the car with Bill Allphin. Turns out he used to own this car. It's a numbers matching , 53,000 original mile car, 440, 4 spd, Dana rear car. B7 Jamaica blue inside and out with a white top and factory tach and V21 hood stripe car. Deal was closed in late Feb. it's a nice 10'r but plans are to strip it down to a rolling shell for a full blown resto. So now Dad and I have 2 of the 48 GTX verts made in 69 that are left known to exist.
Brian

Old Moparz

Cool deal, I'll have to see it in person one day.  :cheers:

(And get some parts for mine off it....LOL)  :lol:
               Bob                

resq302

Brian

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

VegasCharger

More pics in here from Carlisle's website.

2nd & 3rd gens on pages 7 & 8. Barely any 1st gen pics and waaaaaaay too many New Challenger pics. Unbelievable.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/carlisle-events/sets/72157671287383668#utm_source=FridayFuelUp

:cheers:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: VegasCharger on July 20, 2018, 12:42:32 PM
More pics in here from Carlisle's website.

2nd & 3rd gens on pages 7 & 8. Barely any 1st gen pics and waaaaaaay too many New Challenger pics. Unbelievable.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/carlisle-events/sets/72157671287383668#utm_source=FridayFuelUp

:cheers:

NHCharger's Daytona is on the bottom of page 8!
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 20, 2018, 02:39:40 PM
:shruggy: no pictures!?

:scratchchin:  I see lots of pics at the links provided? Are you looking for pics uploaded to this thread?
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Mopar Nut

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 20, 2018, 05:29:13 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 20, 2018, 02:39:40 PM
:shruggy: no pictures!?

:scratchchin:  I see lots of pics at the links provided? Are you looking for pics uploaded to this thread?
Yes, I have many I can post but I didn't want to hijack the thread.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

NHCharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 20, 2018, 12:54:01 PM

NHCharger's Daytona is on the bottom of page 8!

And at top of page 9. Woo Hoo.
A lot of pics to look thru. could do without all the swap meet pics of fat sweaty people LOL. And 50 pics of Linda Vaugn ??
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 20, 2018, 07:23:16 PM

If they are of the show I don't see how it would be a thread hijack..   :yesnod:  You could fill up an album in a google or other free account and just post a link too.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Mopar Nut

Mopar Nut

Mopar Nut

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 20, 2018, 08:27:29 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 20, 2018, 07:23:16 PM

If they are of the show I don't see how it would be a thread hijack..   :yesnod:  You could fill up an album in a google or other free account and just post a link too.
It would be ideal to post/open a link, can't do it from my home PC where the pictures are stored.

Mopar Nut

Mopar Nut

Mopar Nut

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 22, 2018, 04:33:30 AM
It would be ideal to post/open a link, can't do it from my home PC where the pictures are stored.

Oops, didn't mean to suggest doing it from your PC... Just upload them to google photos, place them in their own album and get a shared link to the album. Or continue as you have!  :cheers:

Nice pics BTW!
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Mopar Nut

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 22, 2018, 01:03:09 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 22, 2018, 04:33:30 AM

Oops, didn't mean to suggest doing it from your PC... Just upload them to google photos, place them in their own album and get a shared link to the album. Or continue as you have!  :cheers:

Nice pics BTW!
It's ok, I knew what you meant it's just that I must have my PC set to block attachments.

Mopar Nut