News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric headlights

Started by comet_666, April 04, 2018, 08:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I have been looking around lately at these. I see the ones from Classic are plastic? Anyone have any experience with either of thee models?

https://www.herbsparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CS305

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/mb1723.html

alfaitalia

They are supposed to be slow and wonky and open at different speeds!! You will take all the character out of them if they open "properly" with that new fangled electricity ...!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

comet_666

LOL
My problem is I have to manually open them now..I don't have any of the vacuum set up.
Manually opening them is even slower and they definitely do not open at the same time lol

WHITE AND RED 69

They are all plastic now no matter who you order from and are made by Charger Specialties. I ordered a set a a couple years ago and was bummed when the pictures showed aluminum and then the one that showed up was plastic. Talked to the owner of Charger Specialties and he said it costs too much to produce the metal ones so they switched over to plastic a while back

They do work good though. Easy to install and wire up. Just make sure your headlight door is perfectly aligned. My passenger side door slightly rubs so sometimes it needs a little extra time to open.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

comet_666

damn...oh well, do I need to splice any wiring or are they now pretty much plug and play?

And Thanks WHITE AND RED 69!

WHITE AND RED 69

It is a pretty simple install, only one wire that gets spliced into the harness. Actuators bolt right in, then there is a power module that I installed under the battery tray, one wire to positive battery cable,  one to ground on the negative side, and a activating wire that taps into the high beam switch on the floor.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Dino

Honestly the stock vacuum system is bullet proof. All you need is some hoses and a storage can. Easy quick install and my doors open and close very nicely. I'd hate to lose the "psshh" when I hit the light switch.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

comet_666

I would think about the vacuum system but I relocated the battery to the trunk and that canister would look lonely sitting there exposed like that lol.

Dino

Ha but look at the opportunity that now presents itself; you could be that guy with the polished stainless steel vacuum can instead of us suckers with the coffee cans.  :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

comet_666

I like the way you think Dino! lol

VegasCharger

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 04, 2018, 09:28:22 AM
They are supposed to be slow and wonky and open at different speeds!! You will take all the character out of them if they open "properly" with that new fangled electricity ...!

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Quote from: Dino on April 05, 2018, 07:43:02 AM
Honestly the stock vacuum system is bullet proof. All you need is some hoses and a storage can. Easy quick install and my doors open and close very nicely. I'd hate to lose the "psshh" when I hit the light switch.   :icon_smile_big:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Back N Black

Quote from: comet_666 on April 05, 2018, 12:26:07 PM
I like the way you think Dino! lol
You can run the lines without the can, the can is to close the doors when there is no vacuum (engine shut off). Just turn off the lights 15 seconds before you shut the engine down, give time to close the doors.