News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Stripe stencil

Started by xx29440charger, April 12, 2018, 10:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

Im looking for a vendor who sells the 69 Daytona rear stripe stencil. I want to paint on the stripe and not put the sticker on

kevs1969daytona

that's funny because that's what my body guy wants to do that as well wants to paint the Daytona on the back, if you can hang on for a bit I can check to see how he's doing it. I don't think theres any stencils.  But could be wrong

odcics2

Stencils are easily made. Check online.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Dave Kanofsky

If you want to paint it on due to concerns about the stripe's longevity, I've had mine from Performance Car Graphics on for 15 years and it still looks great.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

ksquared

I was just wondering, if it was possible to find an NOS stripe, wouldn't there be a problem with installing it, since now it is almost 50 years old?  Are people doing the OE restorations finding NOS stripes somewhere out there?

And this question is because I really don't know, but isn't it much harder to do the stencil with painting rather than a reproduction stripe?  After you're finished too, won't people be able to see it is painted on instead of a decal?

odcics2

Quote from: ksquared on April 19, 2018, 12:53:06 PM
I was just wondering, if it was possible to find an NOS stripe, wouldn't there be a problem with installing it, since now it is almost 50 years old?  Are people doing the OE restorations finding NOS stripes somewhere out there?

And this question is because I really don't know, but isn't it much harder to do the stencil with painting rather than a reproduction stripe?  After you're finished too, won't people be able to see it is painted on instead of a decal?

I'd like to find an NOS white stripe to see if it's still usable.  I imagine it depends where it was stored. 
I have an NOS windshield seal that's VERY usable for the #88.  Stored in a basement, never saw heat or sunlight.

:cheers:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?