News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stage v hemi vs eddy victor jr heads

Started by 1974dodgecharger, April 04, 2018, 11:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 04, 2018, 11:30:13 PM
Opinions on them?

I just used a set of the Victor Jr HEMI Heads(revised) on a build recently, laptop for the Flowbench crashed so if I can get it back up I will post the Flow data before/after etc., but they Flowed very well, certainly on par with Stage V.
Remember,
these things Flow so much air nowadays, BIG Cam, or BIG Engine is advised.   Nothing worse for streetability that too BIG a Cylinder Head for the Cam/Engine combo.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

HPP

Is the question if the Stage V Hemi heads are a better route than than the Victor Jr  heads on an original style Hemi block or if Stage V Hemi conversion heads are better than Victor Jr wedge heads?

Challenger340

Quote from: HPP on April 08, 2018, 10:17:39 AM
Is the question if the Stage V Hemi heads are a better route than than the Victor Jr  heads on an original style Hemi block or if Stage V Hemi conversion heads are better than Victor Jr wedge heads?

I thought he was inquiring around the Stage V HEMI Heads
versus
The Edelbrock Victor Jr HEMI Heads

cdr

Quote from: Challenger340 on April 08, 2018, 10:32:23 AM

versus

Yes he is asking about real Hemi heads, nothing to do with wedge stuff, he is building a aftermarket block Hemi for his 68 Charger
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Challenger340

Quote from: cdr on April 09, 2018, 05:25:52 PM
Quote from: Challenger340 on April 08, 2018, 10:32:23 AM

versus

Yes he is asking about real Hemi heads, nothing to do with wedge stuff, he is building a aftermarket block Hemi for his 68 Charger

Thx Charlie, I will see what I can dig up for a Flow Sheet on the revised Victors.

Charger-Bodie

Mine had to have machine work for pushrods clearance with roller cam
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

HPP

Cool. Didn't know Ebrock was in the Hemi head business.

INTMD8

Quote from: Challenger340 on April 07, 2018, 09:09:39 PM
Opinions on them?

I just used a set of the Victor Jr HEMI Heads(revised) on a build recently, laptop for the Flowbench crashed so if I can get it back up I will post the Flow data before/after etc., but they Flowed very well, certainly on par with Stage V.

Similar flow numbers and also similar port volume or no?
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

1974dodgecharger

Opinions on them?

Remember,
these things Flow so much air nowadays, BIG Cam, or BIG Engine is advised.   Nothing worse for streetability that too BIG a Cylinder Head for the Cam/Engine combo.

thx challenger340 sorry for late responding been busy buying so many car parts, lol.....been talking to my builder and he has let me be involved in my HEMI build we both give inputs and I get to learn on building and how the HEMI operates etc. 

My builder recommended me the victor jr heads, but I wanted to research more on the heads some folks say stage V big valve heads are best or indy etc.  My car is a street car and might see drags twice a year for fun, but I still want a lot of performance for the street also.  We are doing a solid roller cam setup he said he can get the eddy heads to flow 440ish cfm and victor is better for street because of narrow ports for the street setup he wont break records on max flow, but will outperform the stage 5 for streetability. 

Challenger340

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 22, 2018, 05:41:05 AM
Opinions on them?

Remember,

thx challenger340 sorry for late responding been busy buying so many car parts, lol.....been talking to my builder and he has let me be involved in my HEMI build we both give inputs and I get to learn on building and how the HEMI operates etc. 

My builder recommended me the victor jr heads, but I wanted to research more on the heads some folks say stage V big valve heads are best or indy etc.  My car is a street car and might see drags twice a year for fun, but I still want a lot of performance for the street also.  We are doing a solid roller cam setup he said he can get the eddy heads to flow 440ish cfm and victor is better for street because of narrow ports for the street setup he wont break records on max flow, but will outperform the stage 5 for streetability. 

We made 700 with the Eddy's on a std Bore NON-Stroker actual "426" cubic inch using 91 Octane and a Flat Tappet Solid Cam, so they do work well. But obviously here, even an OOTB Eddy is a little "BIG" for such a small engine so rpm is req'd. 

I am NOT a fan of Race type Mechanical Roller Cam Profiles for any kind of extended street usage, just far too much V/Spring continuity, Oiling, and V/Train geometry must be maintained(in my opinion), with any of the Roller Cams requiring 200+ish Seat pressure on 500+ Rate per inch V/Springs....
Remember here... the only way those 200+ Seat / 500+ Rate per inch V/Spring cool in the street driving environment is the flow of fresh Oil over them to take away the heat of cycling ?
and add to that,
the "Street" type Mechanical Rollers actually designed for street usage ? We've just never seen sufficient extra power to justify the expense versus a well matched Solid F.T.

I better go dig up some Flow Sheets on the Eddy Victors

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Challenger340 on April 22, 2018, 09:54:35 AM
Opinions on them?

Remember,

We made 700 with the Eddy's on a std Bore NON-Stroker actual "426" cubic inch using 91 Octane and a Flat Tappet Solid Cam, so they do work well. But obviously here, even an OOTB Eddy is a little "BIG" for such a small engine so rpm is req'd. 

I am NOT a fan of Race type Mechanical Roller Cam Profiles for any kind of extended street usage, just far too much V/Spring continuity, Oiling, and V/Train geometry must be maintained(in my opinion), with any of the Roller Cams requiring 200+ish Seat pressure on 500+ Rate per inch V/Springs....
Remember here... the only way those 200+ Seat / 500+ Rate per inch V/Spring cool in the street driving environment is the flow of fresh Oil over them to take away the heat of cycling ?
and add to that,
the "Street" type Mechanical Rollers actually designed for street usage ? We've just never seen sufficient extra power to justify the expense versus a well matched Solid F.T.

I forgot what he is using for oiling of the heads, but they are better than stock he saids the oil comes up the push rods etc and helps oiling them better or something.  Im still trying to learn about the solid roller cam vs hydraulic roller cam for streets which is better and reliable. 

Challenger340

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 22, 2018, 09:34:05 PM
Opinions on them?

Remember,

and add to that,

I forgot what he is using for oiling of the heads, but they are better than stock he saids the oil comes up the push rods etc and helps oiling them better or something.  Im still trying to learn about the solid roller cam vs hydraulic roller cam for streets which is better and reliable. 

My apologies here, but I can offer no relevant or helpful information within your plans, so it's time for me to bail and leave you and your builder to do as you wish.

Good Luck with your Engine build, I mean that.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Challenger340 on April 24, 2018, 08:45:09 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 22, 2018, 09:34:05 PM
Opinions on them?

Remember,

and add to that,

My apologies here, but I can offer no relevant or helpful information within your plans, so it's time for me to bail and leave you and your builder to do as you wish.

Good Luck with your Engine build, I mean that.

:2thumbs: