News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger Fuel Filler Neck Restoration - Any pics?

Started by krigel, April 09, 2018, 10:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krigel

I'm just about restore the fuel filler neck and put it onto the tank. Does any one have any picks of a restored piece? What is the best way to bring it back to factory? I've seen some that look almost polished...any help would be great.

Bronzedodge

They're close to silver cad plated.  Plating can get expensive.  Not much help, sorry.
Mopar forever!

68RT440

They were originally a tin/lead coating. Most of the aftermarket tubes are polished which isnt correct. Most guys will paint them or even zinc plate them which is also incorrect. I had the tube for my '68 redone by these guys and Im happy with it and it looks correct.

http://www.n96airgrabber.com/fillertube.htm
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Lennard

I painted mine silver with a $3 Krylon spray can. Totally incorrect and zero f#cks given. :nixon:

cdr

Quote from: Lennard on April 10, 2018, 08:02:30 PM
I painted mine silver with a $3 Krylon spray can. Totally incorrect and zero f#cks given. :nixon:

mine is shiny & I am with Lennard  :yesnod:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Back N Black

Quote from: cdr on April 10, 2018, 08:43:01 PM
Quote from: Lennard on April 10, 2018, 08:02:30 PM

mine is shiny & I am with Lennard  :yesnod:

+3

1charger69

I took the crazy road and triple plated chomed mine  :2thumbs:

Lennard

Can you even still get Krylon? Best paint I've ever used until California said no more you can't have it, and that was it.

Lennard

Quote from: 440 on May 23, 2018, 10:41:34 PM
Can you even still get Krylon? Best paint I've ever used until California said no more you can't have it, and that was it.
I live in Arizona and Ace Hardware stores have shelves full with Krylon spray paint.

Paul 500

I originally painted it silver but it didn't look good so repainted it with Eastwood detail Gray. Still not 100% but better that silver
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

From pictures on the interwebs I'm liking the tank tone.