News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD hood vs. Billet hinges

Started by phantom, April 10, 2018, 03:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom

Hi.
So i am about to adjust the hood (new AMD) to the rest of the car to check for issues before sending it to the painter. I also have new Eddie Motorsport billet hinges.

First i noticed that the hood didnt have loose bolt insert brackets, which my old original hood had. The bolt inserts on the AMD hood are fixed into the hood diagonally. Now, that works well with original hinges, but not with the billet hinges. The billet hinges are diagonally to the mating surface of the hood, but on the outside, where the bolts go in, the hinges are straight. So the bolts go in crooked. Is this an AMD hood issue? Are the bolt brackets not supposed to be loose, for hood adjustment? 

Highbanked Hauler

I have not seen an AMD hood to know so this is a guess- if it is a sliding plate in the hood possibly take a smaller hammer and punch or screwdriver and tap the plate or nut to jar it loose.It might be stuck from the primer they put on. :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser