News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

texas junk yards

Started by Bens340, April 11, 2018, 08:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bens340

so anyone around the san antonio area know of any yards with mopar stuff around here? i did a quick search but mostly came up with yards with newer stuff. might be a long shot but figured id ask. thanks for any input!
73' charger 340 rallye

69Charger_440

Hello,

I'm from San Antonio, and I can safely say that there aren't any junkyards around here with old cars anymore.  As a matter of fact, you have a better chance of spotting a Chupacabra than finding a junkyard filled with old muscle cars.  However, if you want to take a gander up to Seguin, Texas, there is a yard there that has, or had, a decent amount of old cars.  From what I can remember, they had cars of all makes and models.  The place is called John's Salvage Yard.  Most of the 68-70 Chargers were picked pretty clean, but a few had some good parts.  They also had some 71-74 models that seemed to have great parts.  Their pricing was above average, but that was before AMD came along.  Anyhow, if you go down there, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised with what they have.  I haven't been there since about 2008ish, so they may have thinned the herd a bit.

I also drove all the way to Yoakum, Texas, and bought some parts off of a nice, older gentleman named Johnny.  His place was called Johnny Dees.  I don't know if he is still in business because from what I can remember, he said he was going to retire and sell everything off.  Apart from that, I don't know of too many more.  There is a place called Texas Acres that I bought a roof from back in '05, but again, I don't know if they still open for business.

You can also go down Pat Booker Rd, in Universal City, and find a small yard.  I've been there a few times, but from what I can remember it doesn't have any muscle cars.  It's right by a light blue water tower that has Universal City painted on it.  Never mind, I just looked on google maps, and it has a sign that reads "Out of business."  You can see the yard in google maps and get an aerial view of some of the old cars.

Last but not least, if you get a chance, go over to Muscle Rod Shop, located at 5722 Mobud St, San Antonio, TX 78238.  It's a nice place to see some Mopar being brought back to life.  Steve, the owner, seems to be a nice guy and likes to talk Mopar.

Anyhow, I hope this helps.

Fernando

69Charger_440

Found some pics from John's Salvage Yard.  This was back in 2006.  F**k how time flies.... :P

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21879.0.html

lukedukem

Johnny Dees is still there but he doesn't have cars or parts anymore. I think he does side work but he is retired.

There used to be one in hallettesville and it had a lot of mopars, but by time I was old enough to save money, the dad died and they either crushed or sold them all.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Bens340

ill have to do some scouting around on the weekends thanks fellas
73' charger 340 rallye

lukedukem

Are you looking for anything in particular. I know some mopar guys around here that are quite, but still have stuff.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Bens340

long term goal id like to 4 spd swap my car so maybe some parts for that. but i just kind of wanted to poke around some yards as my car is still up north and not sure when ill have it down here.
73' charger 340 rallye