News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Eddy Performer RPM

Started by Aussi440, April 12, 2018, 09:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussi440

I am looking to run the Edelbrock Performer RPM on my 68 Charger with the stock black unsilenced air cleaner.  Has anyone done this?  Any hood clearance issues?

c00nhunterjoe

You will have to customize a drop base to use the stock air cleaner, otherwise it wont fit.

Charger_Dart

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on April 12, 2018, 11:33:28 AM
You will have to customize a drop base to use the stock air cleaner, otherwise it wont fit.

Agree, that's what I did - I used a Ford MS base and a factory top and don't have any hood clearance issues. I don't think the under-hood insulation would work without rubbing though.

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

BSB67

Quote from: Aussi440 on April 12, 2018, 09:55:52 AM
I am looking to run the Edelbrock Performer RPM on my 68 Charger with the stock black unsilenced air cleaner.  Has anyone done this?  Any hood clearance issues?

what engine?

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Nacho-RT74

I think B block won't need drop base like RBs does
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

XH29N0G

Nacho,  I think you may be correct, but don't completely remember.  I have a 70 B, I ultimately modified that aircleaner to have a slight drop because it still looked very high with the performer RPM.  So the Drop base can also have an asthetic elment to it.  (sort of hiding the fact that it is a higher assembly as a whole. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Al

On my 68 Charger with a 383, I had to use a drop base air cleaner for hood clearance.
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1