DodgeCharger.com Forum
April 25, 2018, 12:50:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers - NOT the place to discuss politics. Political posts will be locked or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daytona Stripe stencil  (Read 305 times)
xx29440charger

« on: April 12, 2018, 09:38:41 PM »

Im looking for a vendor who sells the 69 Daytona rear stripe stencil. I want to paint on the stripe and not put the sticker on
kevs1969daytona

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:30:40 PM »

that's funny because that's what my body guy wants to do that as well wants to paint the Daytona on the back, if you can hang on for a bit I can check to see how he's doing it. I don't think theres any stencils.  But could be wrong
Moparpoolman

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 05:23:24 AM »

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/
odcics2
Old Timer

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 05:56:28 AM »

Stencils are easily made. Check online.

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?
Dave Kanofsky

WING IT ! !

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 07:01:46 AM »

If you want to paint it on due to concerns about the stripe's longevity, I've had mine from Performance Car Graphics on for 15 years and it still looks great.

CAUTION!  Wake Turbulence

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)
ksquared

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 11:53:06 AM »

I was just wondering, if it was possible to find an NOS stripe, wouldn't there be a problem with installing it, since now it is almost 50 years old?  Are people doing the OE restorations finding NOS stripes somewhere out there?

And this question is because I really don't know, but isn't it much harder to do the stencil with painting rather than a reproduction stripe?  After you're finished too, won't people be able to see it is painted on instead of a decal?

odcics2
Old Timer

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 06:10:38 PM »

I was just wondering, if it was possible to find an NOS stripe, wouldn't there be a problem with installing it, since now it is almost 50 years old?  Are people doing the OE restorations finding NOS stripes somewhere out there?

And this question is because I really don't know, but isn't it much harder to do the stencil with painting rather than a reproduction stripe?  After you're finished too, won't people be able to see it is painted on instead of a decal?

I'd like to find an NOS white stripe to see if it's still usable.  I imagine it depends where it was stored. 
I have an NOS windshield seal that's VERY usable for the #88.  Stored in a basement, never saw heat or sunlight.

cheers

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: