News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about Car laws related to possible move to Connecticut

Started by XH29N0G, April 13, 2018, 05:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

I may have a job to consider in Connecticut and am seeking any knowledge on bringing my charger there.

I did a quick search and all looks like it will be pretty straightforward, but I wanted to check. 

The car is the one in my avatar and has a modified/rebuilt engine and some other minor modifications.  Title and everything else is good.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Wingnut426

Connecticut has no vehicle safety inspection anymore.  Cars older than 25 years are emission exempt. The only thing we have here is VIN verification, ($10 fee.)  Register your Charger with classic car plates and you only have to pay property tax on the value of $500 a year, ($8.60). Registration is $100 every two years.
Other than our shitty roads and bridges, the Governor may bring in tolls on the major highways. Connecticut also uses brine and calcium on the roads as well as salt in winter. WELCOME! 
HEMI Daytona Convertible

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mytur Binsdirti

Wingnut426

So true!  Our Governor was rated second worst and he couldn't stand being second, now he is rated the worst Governor of all states!  He is adding a higher gas tax soon too. WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

69 OUR/TEA

And after his term ends in Jan 2019 , he is moving to NY !!!!!!

TeeWJay426

Where in CT? Lived & worked there for 4 years, couldn't wait to get the hell out. Was in Danbury area, back now in southern NH. Wingnut426 has the info correct on the classic car regs...there aren't many.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed