News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it wrong to modify a charger?

Started by pwmcharge, April 16, 2018, 05:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwmcharge

Hi all,  been a member for a while don't post much mainly just read. Well anyways I have  a 68 that I have owned since 98. All the work has been done by myself and I'm proud of it.  It is no where near original but my thinking is it was a pretty rough run of the mill charger not an rt or anything special. Now getting to my point of topic is I was looking at an online artical and there was a pic of my car and I thought cool, then at the bottom there was a comment,  some body called me a tool because it was modified. Normally I don't think much of that stuff but it got me thinking. Is this really our society today? I have seen mods I don't care for but have never called names for it,  I just think to myself I would have done something different shrug my shoulders and move on. Well anyways I have seen some pictures of some beautiful cars on this forum and from reading some of the threads there are some very talented people here. With that being said I would like to know what other charger owners think,  original or modified?

alfaitalia

It's your car...do with is as you please! I've always been into modified cars...my 69 is going to be VERY modified in every area except the body panels...difficult to improve on perfection imo! There is space for all tastes from the extreme Pro tour and resto mods to the completely stock and the completely unrealistic 100 point show cars with date coded air in the tyres (that in reality bear very little similarity to anything Dodge ever built as they are way too perfect..my least favorite personally)....and anything inbetween.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Dans 68

Short answer, no.

A slightly longer answer would be that it is your car, and you should do with it as you please.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

XH29N0G

Its a car, your car!  As long as you enjoy it, that is all that matters. Whoever called you a tool seems to be acting line one.   

I'm hoping 'mods' aren't code for an LS engine install, but even then, it is your car

:2thumbs:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

pwmcharge

That's how I feel., it's your do what ya want. Even a car I don't like I still respect the efforts. Guess I am just getting tired of the keyboard Cowboys

pwmcharge

Charger in question

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

pwmcharge

Thanks again.  Anybody else have some pics of body modified chargers?

Lennard

Check out JUNKERUP on YouTube. Chris just modified a hood for a '68 Charger. Also his '69 (Daisy) is heavily modified.

Ghoste

Its your car and you should do as you want.  By the same token, never expect everyone to like the changes, but it is always your car.   (it looks great by the way)

ODZKing

As everyone here has stated, it's your car, you do as you like. I have a first gen and third gen.
The 67 is almost completely factory. Exception is electronic ignition. 73 is pretty close except for the 71 Superbee hood.
As stated there are people out there who don't like changes. I prefer the stock look but can greatly appreciate the work and looks of a modified vehicle.
Having said that, when I was looking for vehicles to purchase, if the vehicle was modified, it would be an immediate pass for me.
My thinking is if they did that, what else did they do that I can't see. And as many here will attest to, some POs do some really stupid stuff, especially when it comes to spending money.
Nice 68, enjoy the heck out of it!  :2thumbs:

pwmcharge

I agree with everyone here.  It's yours do it your way.  I guess I don't understand why people seem to get "brave" on social networks. Seems it is happening more and more.  Instead of just agreeing to disagree some just become plain mean.

70 sublime

Your car do what you wish

Go back to the place you saw the post about your car and ask that person to see a picture of their car
Bet they do not even have one  :yesnod:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

cdr

Great lookin Charger, I catch a lot of crap about my hood :) they can all FO, if you are on Facebook ck this out  :icon_smile_big:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/518156571617738/?ref=group_header
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

pwmcharge

Looks like a lot of really fast molars on that page

c00nhunterjoe

Shit, thats nothing. Paint it orange and slap 01 on the doors... think you have haters? Lmao.

Ghoste

Well thats different.  That GL stuff is just plain madness.   ;)

pwmcharge

Haha wish I had nickle every time I heard I paint that sum b! @$h orange and jump something. I live in Kentucky.  Don't think I will ever go to a cruise in hazard

myk

Dude.  I really hope you don't worry about the opinion of others when it comes to other aspects of your life...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Rubberduck

My ´68 Charger actually was a 318.
It was converted to an R/T clone.
Now it has a 505, FiTech fuel injection with a fuel injection gastank, sway bars front and rear, mono leaf rear springs, disc brakes up front with brake booster, an aluminum radiator, 4-speed.
That´s the way I want it.

Mario
ยด68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

funknut

Looks sharp!  The only modifications I see are very tasteful.

Regardless, your car, your rules.

:2thumbs:

68charger440

I say do what you like, but just keep in mind that if it is an RT or 500 etc, the original is usually worth more on the resale market unless you really go all out and spare no expense on you customization.  What I did was I kept all original parts so that if I ever sell it the new owner can bring it back to original if they want to.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!