News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger In a Spring Snowstorm

Started by 69hemidaytona, April 17, 2018, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

We just got a foot of snow in Wisconsin. An article was recalling another Spring storm from 1973. This is the photo they included.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69 OUR/TEA

Better to drive on the snow rather than the "liquid death " they put on the roads now !!!! Love circa shots like these !!!!

alfaitalia

Im from the UK...so what is liquid death?....slang term for road salt?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Finn

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 20, 2018, 12:22:12 PM

I'm from California so I'm curious as to what liquid death is aswell  :lol:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

krops cars

It is a chemical that melts ice faster than salt. It is eating cars faster than normal ice. This yea they said they are going to make it three times as strong. People can stay home and do not need to go 70 m.p.h. right after it snows.  Where in WI. do you live?

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 20, 2018, 12:22:12 PM

It is a nickname I gave to the stuff they use now treat the roads in winter here as it is way worse than the sand/salt mix they used to use . At the hint of snow they do a pre-treatment on the highways (liquid salt) , during the storms they use calcium chloride to get down to one temp, and then magnesium chloride to go even lower temps. Either way , it is was more potent on our cars/trucks vs  the old sand/salt . When you see 5-8 year old trucks with their rear bumpers being blown thru as well as the bedsides ,not to mention brake lines/fuel lines , you know the stuff is not good . The problem is , the snow ends at say 8am , the public wants to be driving 60-70 mph by 9am !!!! Not only bad on our vehicles, how about bridges ?????
I have a new 17 Ram , always garaged  , it has been parked  since the second week of Dec, still haven't driven yet this year !!!
People think after the storms , go rinse off the undercarriage , yes it is the right thing to do, but once that stuff is inside the rockers , in between the pinch welds , LOL , up inside the bedsides , it's there !!!! The rest of the year you are driving ( in the rain ) you're just re-activating to corrode !!!!
Drive a POS for the winter !!!!!

alfaitalia

Sound like nasty stuff...and I hate it when they salt the roads for no good reason here...no snow required....just a heavy frost forecast and the salt spreaders are out! Sounds like we have nothing to complain about compared to that stuff ! I live in the far South...so we don't get much cold weather compared to the North UK or the northern USA.

taxspeaker

oldgold69

I remember that snowstorm I had just gotten my license that year got learn to drive in the snow I remember the drifts over the cars  last Saturday we had 29 inch at my dads farm went up yesterday to see if the snow was off the roof  had piles half way up the windows

alfaitalia

Quote from: taxspeaker on April 20, 2018, 05:17:37 PM
South as in Guernsey?

Lol....no not quite. In on the mainland...just...but I do live on the beach. Guernsey is great...went once years ago....but is much closer to France than the UK....just owned by us. If you look at a map of the mainland on the south coast there is a diamond shaped island (Isle of Wight)....where I live is East, North , East from there.

tan top

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on April 17, 2018, 06:14:10 PM
We just got a foot of snow in Wisconsin. An article was recalling another Spring storm from 1973. This is the photo they included.

good picture , thanks for sharing  :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargervert

Back in the eighties and early nineties I drove my Chargers year round. They were my everyday cars.