News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

driver door lower hinge mounting in door

Started by wheels6, April 17, 2018, 08:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheels6

Hi Guys, long time viewer but rarely post... till now!  I am trying to figure out what they call the piece that bolts the lower hinges to the doors. I come up with tapping plate from the manual but cannot confirm.  any ideas??

Thanks

Dino

I think the tapping plate is the part inside the quarter the hinge bolts go into. Is that what you need? Or do you need the shims?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

wheels6

thanks for the response... I know its not the shims. the bolts and hinge all hold it inside the door. its threaded. I don't want to buy a door for one piece...thinking it might be all the same for a lot of door mounting for certain years.

VegasCharger

Are these what you're looking for? These are the floating threaded brackets that catch the door hinge bolts. 2 hole for the top hinge and the 3 hole for the bottom hinge. These are secured in the door shell by folding tabs.

wheels6

That's exactly what im looking for!

Anyone Have Just the lower Driver door one for sale???

Thanks

VegasCharger

Quote from: wheels6 on April 20, 2018, 11:00:36 AM
That's exactly what im looking for!

Anyone Have Just the lower Driver door one for sale???

Thanks

I do. PM sent. :cheers: