News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Red Dawn Charger or Coronet

Started by Swampwing2, April 18, 2018, 08:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampwing2

Not sure if this was mentioned before.

I was watching the original Red Dawn movie from 1984, and at the 3:25 mark there is a black Mopar in the parking lot. It looks like the back half is a Charger with the roof line and the Charger script on the C pillar, but the grille appears to be a 69 Coronet/SuperBee. The back bumper appears to be the thin Charger style and the front bumper is a full Coronet bumper. Since the car is black and the lighting was not on that side of the car, I could not make out any door or quarter panel body lines. I know the Coronet fenders will not line up with Charger doors so it looks weird to me.

Not sure how to save a screenshot to post it here, but its a free movie on Amazon Prime.

lukedukem

Quote from: Swampwing2 on April 18, 2018, 08:46:04 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned before.

I was watching the original Red Dawn movie from 1984, and at the 3:25 mark there is a black Mopar in the parking lot. It looks like the back half is a Charger with the roof line and the Charger script on the C pillar, but the grille appears to be a 69 Coronet/SuperBee. The back bumper appears to be the thin Charger style and the front bumper is a full Coronet bumper. Since the car is black and the lighting was not on that side of the car, I could not make out any door or quarter panel body lines. I know the Coronet fenders will not line up with Charger doors so it looks weird to me.

Not sure how to save a screenshot to post it here, but its a free movie on Amazon Prime.

It's listed as a 68 charger. But the front is different. Looks like it does have a coronet front bumper. Hard to tell. Here's the pic on imcdb

https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_22088-Dodge-Charger-1968.html

Good find.  :2thumbs:

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Mike DC

I think the whole front clip is Coronet. 

The 2nd-gen Charger front end sticks out farther (ahead of the unibody/radiator support) than the other B-bodies.  If the owner was trying for a bolt-on swap then it would have to be all-or-nothing with the Coronet front end parts.