News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Identification of right crank for 383 / 4bbl / 1970

Started by CloedFL, April 19, 2018, 11:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CloedFL

Dear all,

My engine builder in germany is currently struggeling to build my engine due to the fact that he can't identify which crank is the right for my engine and where to get it...
The engine is a 1970 383cui with 4 bbl, located in my Charger.

The builder mentioned that he has nerver seen a main bearings like mine on a 383 where the main bearings for the connection rod are grinded down to -0.035 whereas only -0.03 is available based on his statement.
Furthermore, he is unable to identify which crank has to be used. The only number he could find on the crank was "156", i couldn't find anything helping to identify based on that.

Question:
-Is there any difference on the Chrysler 383 cranks which help to identify what is needed ? Any link to the 156 number?
-Is there anybody selling revised cranks in the states where i could get some ? Or any know good! aftermarket crank which would fit a 383 4bbl engine including the rods?

Getting crazy on that topic, been waiting now for such a fu** long time..

BR
Claudio