News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona bumper jack bracket

Started by BS27ROB, May 13, 2018, 12:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BS27ROB

I'm pretty sure whoever did the body/paint on my Daytona wasn't real familiar with these cars. I've read that sometimes the lower jack bracket is bent so the jack mast clears the wing braces. I'm  thinking he straightened it out thinking he was doing good. I've tried putting a jack in but there is no way it will clear. Does anyone have pictures of examples of originals? Are they just leaned in?

hemigeno

Quote from: BS27ROB on May 13, 2018, 12:20:19 PM
I'm pretty sure whoever did the body/paint on my Daytona wasn't real familiar with these cars. I've read that sometimes the lower jack bracket is bent so the jack mast clears the wing braces. I'm  thinking he straightened it out thinking he was doing good. I've tried putting a jack in but there is no way it will clear. Does anyone have pictures of examples of originals? Are they just leaned in?

Hi Cy,

Yes, Creative apparently just bent the bracket over in an attempt to allow the bumper jack to clear the wing brace.  If your paint is already done then it's not practical to relocate that bracket inboard a little bit, which also really helps the interference issue... although some bending/twisting is still required.

:cheers:

taxspeaker

Gene
You finally explained what has driven me nuts since I bought my Daytona! Thanks
Bob

A383Wing

or you could just put the top of the jack not in the hole in the trunk webbing, just put it off to the inboard side

hemigeno

Quote from: taxspeaker on May 15, 2018, 09:02:59 PM
Gene
You finally explained what has driven me nuts since I bought my Daytona! Thanks
Bob

Glad I could help a little bit. 

Here's a picture of an original (bent) lower bracket w/ the end of the bumper jack somewhat in place.  I honestly don't remember if the upper end rested in it's "normal" notch.