News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many triangles are in this image?

Started by 68charger440, April 21, 2018, 07:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger440

How many triangles can you find in this image?
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Lennard

68charger440

Nope.  More than that... exponentially more!
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Charger RT

Alaskan_TA

68charger440

68charger440

68charger440

BLK 68 R/T

68charger440

Kern Dog

The answer is similar to the number of women I told the Wife I'd had before her. The answer is "Between three and fifty".

68charger440

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 21, 2018, 09:44:56 PM
The answer is similar to the number of women I told the Wife I'd had before her. The answer is "Between three and fifty".
Getting closer.

JB400

First guess is 30, but I think I lost count

Fred

So far I've counted 20......should I keep going?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

68charger440

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

68charger440

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 22, 2018, 06:09:33 AM
The answer is 40.

That is the answer most people will accept as correct, but if you want to get a little more esoteric you can get much higher.  Take a single triangle on a white page with a red border on the triangle.  If you look at the white space within the red border, you have one triangle.  Then look at it including the border in red and you have another.  You can then use the individual border lines and the white space in various combinations to create many more, but this method of counting can lead to arguments.

Lennard

Quote from: 68charger440 on April 21, 2018, 08:43:28 PM
Nope.  More than that... exponentially more!
You must be looking at something different than me. A triangle is a shape with 3 sides.  There are only 5 triangular shapes in that picture.  

68charger440

Here is the answer to a smaller puzzle, but you should get the jist from it. It still doesn't have  the more esoteric answer, but you will get to 40.  Now imagine all of the lines drawn in thick red lines and you may be able to see the esoteric combinations described in one of my prior posts.

Lennard

Ah, I was looking for individual triangles.  :2thumbs:

68charger440

Quote from: Lennard on April 22, 2018, 07:53:11 AM
Ah, I was looking for individual triangles.  :2thumbs:
The mind is a funny thing.  It can be, and is tricked very often.

68charger440

Are both halves of the gray the same color?
Hold your middle finger horizontally in between the two halves of the picture blocking where they come together.  Did the color below your finger change and become the same shade of gray as the color above your finger right before your eyes?

XH29N0G

Seen this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPtc8BVdJk

Watch eyes open, eyes closed, no sound and see what you sense.

Perception is strange, and some illusions are seen by other animals too.  I don't do this, but once went to a talk by a philosopher on illusion

The sound one I posted is the McGurk effect?
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

68charger440

Quote from: XH29N0G on April 22, 2018, 05:44:52 PM
Seen this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPtc8BVdJk

Watch eyes open, eyes closed, no sound and see what you sense.

Perception is strange, and some illusions are seen by other animals too.  I don't do this, but once went to a talk by a philosopher on illusion

The sound one I posted is the McGurk effect?
Pretty cool...  with my eyes closed I thought he was saying ah ah ah.  With eyes open I thought it was ba ba ba.

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel