News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Happy new Superbird owner

Started by RammJaeger, April 21, 2018, 11:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RammJaeger

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on these forums for a very long time, dreaming about owning one of these amazing cars. Today I was blessed to fulfill that lifelong dream of and am a proud owner of a 1970 Plymouth Superbird! It's hard to express how excited I am. To me this car has always been the ultimate classic musclecar, and I can't believe I get to own one.

Here are some specs. It is a true 1970 Plymouth Superbird VIN RM23U0A169442 with a 440 Magnum, 3 2 barrel carbs (6 barrel), 727 Torqueflight transmission, and a 3:55 rear end. The car has 75k original miles, and is all numbers matching. The was originally a 4 barrel carb, but the previous owner added the 6 barrel. He did keep the original carb and intake which he gave me with the car.

The previous owner had the car for 42 years, and only put 2,000 miles on the car during that time. The car even has the exact same wheels and tires it had 42 years ago! The car has been mostly off the radar for the last 40 years except for a few local car shows.

The car isn't perfect, but is in great shape overall. I'm really looking forward to driving it, taking it to shows, and sharing the fun with my friends!

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

1969daytona

Congrats :2thumbs:
How many years have you waited?
I hope it will be me som day. :icon_smile_big:

K-E
MoPar or NO car

6bblgt

Q5XX29

Congratulations! I love the fact that the look hasn't been tampered with for decades. I like the (non-original) black paint job, pin stripe, and cragars! Something different... all of the cookie-cutter restored wing cars can only hold my attention for so long...
dakota_gt on Instagram

alfaitalia

Very nice....they look very different in black....changes the whole look of the bird....I like it.

Is that a small oil leak in need of attention I spy under the car? ;)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

taxspeaker

Excellent-cool car. Ignore what everyone is telling you to do-it is your car! It looks great as is, it would look great restored to original and it would look great if you changed something to fit what you want. Good luck, drive it and enjoy it. The Day 2 paint and Cragars add a neat history.

(I'm still not sure what is a cookie-cutter and why it is so bad in some eyes-I will take any Superbird of any level of restoration or non-restoration any time)

Bob

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

myk

100% jealous.  Congratulations...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

RammJaeger

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I thought I'd share a few more pictures of the car.

RammJaeger

And here are some vintage shots of the car from around 1977.

thehemikid

:2thumbs: Look'n good, ...and the spot on the driveway, it's just marking it's new Home and Territory.  :yesnod:

Pretty well all my cars do that,...they say, been there done that.

1970Moparmann

Congrats and Welcome!   Enjoy the car :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

chargervert

Sweet ride!,you may want to put some fresh tires on it before you really start racking up miles. I don't think I would trust 40 year old tires.

NHCharger

Awesome  :cheers:
I really like the all black paint job.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

rob-dirt

:2thumbs:  Congrats drive the tires off of it enjoy   :2thumbs:  most of all dont touch it look,s great the way it is

JB400

Congrats on getting your dream

hemi68charger

Congrads !!!!! It is great to achieve something that one strives for so long to accomplish... Hats off to you for your resilience to continue the quest.. Now that you have it, what are your intensions of the car? Leave it, bring it back to normal, something else?

:cheers:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

farm966

Beautiful car! Welcome! I am jealous, especially since I am still driving a clone.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: farm966 on April 23, 2018, 07:53:07 AM
Beautiful car! Welcome! I am jealous, especially since I am still driving a clone.

For 90% of people, you are not driving a clone.  Enjoy the car!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Q5XX29

Quote from: taxspeaker on April 22, 2018, 10:12:37 AM
Excellent-cool car. Ignore what everyone is telling you to do-it is your car! It looks great as is, it would look great restored to original and it would look great if you changed something to fit what you want. Good luck, drive it and enjoy it. The Day 2 paint and Cragars add a neat history.

(I'm still not sure what is a cookie-cutter and why it is so bad in some eyes-I will take any Superbird of any level of restoration or non-restoration any time)

Bob

I meant no offense by my use of the term "cookie cutter"; my own Q5 Daytona could be described the same way. Due to the rarity of all winged cars, most people tend to just stick with originality and often these cars are even somewhat "over-restored", and that is what I was referring to- no individualization/customization. I thought it was refreshing to see a nice, unrestored wing car, in a non-original color, with some period wheels, etc.  I hope he keeps it that way!   :cheers:
dakota_gt on Instagram

303 Mopar

Congrats!  Love it, especially since it is unchanged since the 70's.   :coolgleamA:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

moparstuart

Very cool hope you leave it as it  ,  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up