News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona color

Started by winghawg, April 24, 2018, 06:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghawg

What was the color that was least used to the charger Daytona?

Mopar John

I would think it is special order 999 orange or T7 dark bronze?
MJ

3--Daytona

there is total 9  black Daytona     ,,,R5 is not very common    Il go with MJ       for knowing

Stevetona

What about Q5 turquoise? Not too many Y4 gold, or silver either.

hemigeno

Here is the list of colors I have yet to personally encounter on a Daytona Fender Tag or Broadcast Sheet:

B3 - Light Blue Metallic
F3 - Light Green Metallic
T3 - Light Bronze Metallic
Y3 - Cream

That does NOT mean there were no cars built in those colors... just that I haven't seen one myself.  DSAC./Doug S. or the WW Club may have one or more in their records.

The least-used color of which I know at least one example is Y4 Gold Metallic (Carl S.).

The colors for which I know only two examples are as follows:

99 - Special Order (doesn't necessarily mean Omaha Orange, BTW)
B7 - Medium Blue Metallic
T7 - Dark Bronze Metallic

I'm just relaying what I've observed thus far.  YMMV.

Aero426

I would agree on the Y4 for only one known car.   I don't think there is more than one Omaha Orange car. 

69_500

You sure there isn't a second Omaha Orange Daytona?

I have only seen one B7 Daytona and 1 Y4.

winghawg

Thanks for the chart Rob dirt.Building a Daytona tribute car. Considering  Q5 white stripe and black interior

69_500

That list needs updating

1969daytona

Is there a statistic based on the cars in the Daytona register?

K-E
MoPar or NO car

Moparpoolman

Quote from: hemigeno on April 24, 2018, 09:42:26 AM
Here is the list of colors I have yet to personally encounter on a Daytona Fender Tag or Broadcast Sheet:

B3 - Light Blue Metallic
F3 - Light Green Metallic
T3 - Light Bronze Metallic
Y3 - Cream

That does NOT mean there were no cars built in those colors... just that I haven't seen one myself.  DSAC./Doug S. or the WW Club may have one or more in their records.

The least-used color of which I know at least one example is Y4 Gold Metallic (Carl S.).

The colors for which I know only two examples are as follows:

99 - Special Order (doesn't necessarily mean Omaha Orange, BTW)
B7 - Medium Blue Metallic
T7 - Dark Bronze Metallic

I'm just relaying what I've observed thus far.  YMMV.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4ivdj0llfd0vq67hlat3b1ji70&topic=132452.0
looks like F3?? :shruggy:

rotten1965

According to the 1969 Daytona Registry here on the forum this is the Color breakdown of *KNOWN* Cars;

Code        Color                  # of *KNOWN* Daytonas

A4           Silver Metallic       9
B5           Bright Blue           21
B7           Medium Blue        1
F3           Light Green          1 (The F3 Daytona that is painted B5 and for sale that's not added yet to the registry)
F6           Bright Green        31
F5           Medium Green      1
F8           Dark Green           8
Q5          Bright Turquoise    4
R4          Charger Red          65
R6          Red                      6
T3          Light Bronze          1
T5          Copper                  11
T7          Dark Bronze           2
W1         White                    7
X9          Black                     6
Y2          Yellow                   14
Y4          Gold                     2
99          Orange                 1 (1 of 3 Special Order Colors that were made, The others are Bahama Yellow and Rallye Green)
V2          Hemi Orange        56 (There is a V2 not on the list that is being restored by GYC that would bring the total to 57 *KNOWN* of V2 Daytonas)

So that is the Color Breakdown of *KNOWN* Daytonas that are on the Registry List (246 *KNOWN* Cars plus the F3 Daytona for sale and the V2 Daytona at GYC makes 248 *KNOWN* Daytonas)

Please take into consideration that this list is made from the information I found here in the 1969 Dodge Daytona Registry and broke down into Colors for your enjoyment! We all know of other Daytonas not in the registry yet but this is the best info available right now with *KNOWN* Documented Daytonas here on the DodgeCharger.com Forums.

6bblgt

Quote from: rotten1965 on May 09, 2018, 07:04:44 PM
99          Orange                 1 (1 of 3 Special Order Colors, The others are Bahama Yellow and Rallye Green)

any non-STANDARD Charger color would be "SPECIAL ORDER" the available colors are almost "limitless"

richRTSE

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 09, 2018, 10:12:53 PM
99          Orange                 1 (1 of 3 Special Order Colors, The others are Bahama Yellow and Rallye Green)

any non-STANDARD Charger color would be "SPECIAL ORDER" the available colors are almost "limitless"
I think what he's saying is there are only 3 Daytonas that were built with the 99 paint code, 1 Omaha orange, 1 Bahama yellow, and 1 Rallye green...

6bblgt

Quote from: richRTSE on May 10, 2018, 09:31:36 PM

I think what he's saying is there are only 3 Daytonas that were built with the 99 paint code, 1 Omaha orange, 1 Bahama yellow, and 1 Rallye green...

then that statement would be wrong also  :cheers:

odcics2

:2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

1969daytona

According to the 1969 Daytona Registry here on the forum this is the Color breakdown of *KNOWN* Cars;

Code        Color                  # of *KNOWN* Daytonas

A4           Silver Metallic       9
B5           Bright Blue           21
B7           Medium Blue        1
F3           Light Green          1 (The F3 Daytona that is painted B5 and for sale that's not added yet to the registry)
F6           Bright Green        31
F5           Medium Green      1
F8           Dark Green           8
Q5          Bright Turquoise    4
R4          Charger Red          65
T3          Light Bronze          1
T5          Copper                  11
T7          Dark Bronze           2
W1         White                    7
X9          Black                     6
Y2          Yellow                   14
Y4          Gold                     2
V2          Hemi Orange        56 (There is a V2 not on the list that is being restored by GYC that would bring the total to 57 *KNOWN* of V2 Daytonas)

So that is the Color Breakdown of *KNOWN* Daytonas that are on the Registry List (246 *KNOWN* Cars plus the F3 Daytona for sale and the V2 Daytona at GYC makes 248 *KNOWN* Daytonas)

Please take into consideration that this list is made from the information I found here in the 1969 Dodge Daytona Registry and broke down into Colors for your enjoyment! We all know of other Daytonas not in the registry yet but this is the best info available right now with *KNOWN* Documented Daytonas here on the DodgeCharger.com Forums.

Nice work but did you forget about the R6 cars?

K-E
MoPar or NO car

1969daytona

Quote from: richRTSE on May 10, 2018, 09:31:36 PM

I think he is saying that there is only one 99 in the register and that one is (99)Orange.
MoPar or NO car

hemi-hampton

I'd like to see a B9 Daytona. :scratchchin:  LEON.

A383Wing

Wasn't that orange one Tim Welborne's car that just crossed the block a year or so ago?

held1823

Quote from: A383Wing on May 11, 2018, 07:02:49 PM
Wasn't that orange one Tim Welborne's car that just crossed the block a year or so ago?

yes
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

1969daytona

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 11, 2018, 07:02:10 PM
I'd like to see a B9 Daytona. :scratchchin:  LEON.

I didn't see one in the list.

But i could bee out there.  (as far as i know)
It is many cars on the list with out Fendertag info.

K-E
MoPar or NO car

rotten1965

I corrected the list for the R6 cars that I overlooked and Yes there were many special order colors available but only 3 were made that we know of and only 1 that is in the registry.

held1823

there were many special order colors available but only 3 were made that we know of and only 1 that is in the registry.

what three cars were done in special order colors?

XX29L9B417455 is the known one

what are the other two?

the fatal flaw in an open registry is that anyone can add incorrect information to it. the registry here is phenomenal, but not foolproof
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053