News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Death Proof

Started by 72Charger72, April 27, 2018, 08:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Charger72

Has anyone seen the movie Death Proof with Kurt Russell. @2007. I saw it last night. They trash a Beautiful Charger and Challenger and in the end Kurt goes from a bad arse psychopath to a cryin baby and has his arse beat by 3 women. I had never seen this movie but lots of reference to Vanishing Point and other Mopar movies of the 70's.

Lennard

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,27111.0.html

The owner of one of the original movie Chargers is/was a member here.

myk

Seen it once and only once.  Quinten Tarantino is a weird dude...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: myk on April 27, 2018, 09:59:42 AM
  Quinten Tarantino is a weird dude...

That's an understatement.

myk

Yeah just about.   I liked Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill movies were OK but I draw the line there...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

moparstuart

check out a movie called Destiny Turns on the Radio ,  Quentins Driving around in an A -12 Runner
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Kern Dog

Quote from: 72Charger72 on April 27, 2018, 08:09:28 AM
Has anyone seen the movie Death Proof with Kurt Russell. @2007. I saw it last night. They trash a Beautiful Charger and Challenger and in the end Kurt goes from a bad arse psychopath to a cryin baby and has his arse beat by 3 women. I had never seen this movie but lots of reference to Vanishing Point and other Mopar movies of the 70's.

That movie came out when George Bush was President. Where have you been since then ??  :smilielol:

Fred

Have it on dvd so needless to say have watched it many times.  :2thumbs:

The girls get their own back!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Never seen it.  Not much of a movie person, but will watch a few every now and then

Mike DC

If you only watch something occasionally then I wouldn't suggest watching Death Proof.  It's half a movie's worth of story.  There are long stretches of people sitting around talking about nothing.

It would have made a fine episode of a 1-hour TV show.  That's about 45 minutes without commercials.   

Kern Dog

Tarantino seems to LOVE to show dialogue. It often bores me so bad, I have to fast forward through much of his movies.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 29, 2018, 12:29:50 AM
Tarantino seems to LOVE to show dialogue. It often bores me so bad, I have to fast forward through much of his movies.

The best part of his movies comes when the last of the closing credits fades up the screen.

Fred

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 28, 2018, 06:02:26 PM

If you only watch something occasionally then I wouldn't suggest watching Death Proof.  It's half a movie's worth of story.  There are long stretches of people sitting around talking about nothing.

It would have made a fine episode of a 1-hour TV show.  That's about 45 minutes without commercials.   

Plus the Challenger took such a beating making the movie even harder to deal with.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

72Charger72

Quote from: Lennard on April 27, 2018, 09:16:38 AM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,27111.0.html

The owner of one of the original movie Chargers is/was a member here.
Wow very cool Thanks Lennard for the info!

72Charger72

Quote from: myk on April 27, 2018, 09:59:42 AM
Seen it once and only once.  Quinten Tarantino is a weird dude...
Yes.... Yes He IS!

72Charger72

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 27, 2018, 05:13:05 PM
Quote from: 72Charger72 on April 27, 2018, 08:09:28 AM

That movie came out when George Bush was President. Where have you been since then ??  :smilielol:
In the garage very slowly working on my Charger   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 29, 2018, 12:29:50 AM

The random dialogue is what makes his movies so good.  Pulp Fiction is probably the best example - everything from the discussion about foot massages, the royal with cheese, and so on; or the superhero soliloquy at the end of Kill Bill 2.
That being said, he does overdo it sometimes and the movies can drag on for too long, especially the later ones. As a general rule, I can and have watched Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown over and over again, but have no interest in revisiting Django Unchained or The Hateful Eight - once was good enough.

Unless you just want explosions and shootings, then it doesn't matter either way.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Kern Dog

Death Proof featured women talking. I do not care to sit and watch women jabber on and on.   :eek2:

myk

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 30, 2018, 09:38:12 PM
Death Proof featured women talking. I do not care to sit and watch women jabber on and on.   :eek2:

THIS.  The random conversations in Pulp fiction were beneficial to the story, characters; in Death Proof it was pointless...

Ponch ®

Quote from: myk on April 30, 2018, 10:04:36 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on April 30, 2018, 09:38:12 PM

THIS.  The random conversations in Pulp fiction were beneficial to the story, characters; in Death Proof it was pointless...

that's an example of when it goes on too long. it's another QT movie I don't care to watch again, even tho its got "car stuff".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West