News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Somebody talk to me

Started by JB400, April 28, 2018, 11:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

Fred

Hi right back at you Bruce.    :icon_smile_big:  :cheers:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bronzedodge

Well, I have to admit, I've been a bit less active here.  I picked up another project a few weeks ago  (71 Jeep Commando), and I need to return to my 72 Demon project as well.  My Charger is just fine, still drive the wheels off of it, while it's 48 year old paint slowly oxidizes, LOL
Mopar forever!

Fred

I have to admit it is a lot quieter now than when I first joined. It seems we've become a "very can't be bothered" lot.

We're not even taking the time to wish one another a Happy Birthday any more.

Or well..........the times they are a changing!

Kern Dog

Quote from: myk on April 29, 2018, 03:33:11 PM
Lol.  There's always a chance that any surgery, no matter how common , can result in your death.   And I kid you not, some of the only things I kept thinking about as the anesthesia was kicking in, was you guys and my stupid car and how I might not see all of you again.  My momma always said I could never get my priorities straight!

I had surgery last year. I was also worried about the risk of death. I dealt with day to day anxiety for 5 months, each day waking up with the fear of death on the day of surgery. I don't usually worry about much so I was not prepared on how to cope with it. From early May to mid October I alternated between being calm and being terrified from one hour to the next.
The very day before, I was at an auto parts store and ran into a guy that works with my Wife. He had a similar surgery a few years back and came out just fine. What are the odds of that? I swear that this was an act of God....He made our paths crossed to provide me with some comfort at a time that I really needed it.   :2thumbs:

JB400

This is what we're lacking at the moment, general discussions.  Plenty elsewhere to participte in, but not so much here.  I guess that's the downfall of being niche crowd.

Hi Fred :cheers:

Fred

garner7555

I agree that Facebook has taken some people away.  The Facebook groups are so full of drama and incorrect information that it is almost unbearable.   I love this site, but I post less than I did in the past as well.   Running the businesses and 2 kids takes up pretty much all of my day.   Another distraction is I have bought a few old Ford trucks and I didn't think Ford trucks would be an appropriate discussion for DodgeCharger.com.    :smilielol:       :eek2:    I do plan on building one of the trucks to where I can use it to pull trailers, such as towing the Charger if need be.  Does that make it an appropriate topic?  I also plan to put a cummins in it?   :lol:     
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

XH29N0G

Nosecone and wing? 

For the ford truck, I mean.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

green69rt

My activity, here, always slows down in the spring time.  House repairs, spring garden planting, etc take up my time.  But I still manage to put in an hour or two occasionally to work on my car.  I just don't have the time to post much, but I will catch up later.

FrnkNsteen

I'm still here from time to time, but I am also over at ForBbodiesonly for my Charger project, and ForAbodiesonly for the '67 Barracuda I picked up.

To be perfectly honest, the biggest reason I spend more time over there is I can't find anything here when I need information. Every time I try to use the search feature, I get everything BUT the information I am looking for. Simple things like doing a search on wiper motors gives me threads on everything BUT wiper motors. It got so frustrating not being able to find information I was needing help with, that I just stopped trying and go looking over there instead.

I do have a lot of respect for the people on here and their knowledge of our Chargers!!! I just wish it was easier to find threads on the topic/issue I am trying to address. That being said,.... my car is finally making progress. I got it to a different shop that will actually do the work on it and it is getting closer to being a car again. I need to update my resoration thread with the progress.
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback

JB400

Mytur Binsdirti

Lennard

@ FrnkNsteen: Looks good :2thumbs:
As for the search function,  when you get the search results... start at the last page. You will find what you were looking for.

:loser:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/so-proud-to-be-a-fbbo-member.151249/

Chad L. Magee

I am still here, just busy prepping for the final exams that I give next week to my students....

And then the grading begins.... :eek2:
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

FrnkNsteen

Quote from: Lennard on April 30, 2018, 09:42:00 AM
@ FrnkNsteen: Looks good :2thumbs:
As for the search function,  when you get the search results... start at the last page. You will find what you were looking for.

Really?? ;) Thanks for the tip! Wish I would have known that long ago!!  :brickwall:
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback

XH29N0G

Well its an interesting discussion and I wouldn't have seen the thread otherwise. IMO, I don't think it is worth throwing stones, and I say let's let them be.  B bodies are nice cars and I'd have another if I didn't have my charger.  

I'll shout out a thanks to the mods here for setting the tone, and express an opinion that there are some really good things about this site that I like.  The discussion has been incredibly helpful.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

JB400

Special thanks to everyone that wants to talk to me. :cheers:  21 different people.  Anybody else, or do you just not like me anymore?

Thanks dirti for trying to keep the other thread about your greatness. :cheers:

Polygon

I'm here. Just put a new brake booster and MC on the 70. Brakes work great. And my son did 95% of the work!

And HI!

www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

will

I don't post much but I'll generally lurk on here or moparts. Passing time at work, but you guys have been very helpful with some of the questions I've asked. You guys are not pissing in Wheaties as much as some of the banter on moparts, so that's refreshing.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: JB400 on April 30, 2018, 07:48:54 PM

Thanks dirti for trying to keep the other thread about your greatness. :cheers:

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

myk

Nah, won't do Moparts.  I'll buy into a 67 Mustang Fastback before I go there...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Kern Dog

Their heavy handed Moderating, old bitchy members discussing the most inane subjects, crappy censorship...

JB400

Hello Will, Polygon, and b&b :cheers: