News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Somebody talk to me

Started by JB400, April 28, 2018, 11:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 07, 2018, 09:57:06 AM
I was getting fed up with all of the BS that started about a year ago.  Let Moparts and FBBO keep all the BS and nitpicking.   Seems like the bad eggs have been leaving, so maybe some of the old members will start coming back.  :2thumbs:
:iagree: Let the judgemental "I'm better than you because I have money and own a numbers matching 1 of 5, 100 point factory correct, gold star restored Galen Govier certified car" guys stay on the other forums.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Lennard on May 07, 2018, 10:30:43 AM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 07, 2018, 09:57:06 AM
I was getting fed up with all of the BS that started about a year ago.  Let Moparts and FBBO keep all the BS and nitpicking.   Seems like the bad eggs have been leaving, so maybe some of the old members will start coming back.  :2thumbs:
:iagree: Let the judgemental "I'm better than you because I have money and own a numbers matching 1 of 5, 100 point factory correct, gold star restored Galen Govier certified car" stay on the other forums.

I got my fill of that stuff starting three or four years ago.  I hardly post on those sites anymore due to just that reason....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

myk

Quote from: Back N Black on May 07, 2018, 06:22:05 AM
I have been gone for awhile, but slowly coming back on line. I had 18 rounds of Chemo and a stem cell transplant.

Jesus!  Glad you're still around man!
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Fred

Quote from: Back N Black on May 07, 2018, 06:22:05 AM
I have been gone for awhile, but slowly coming back on line. I had 18 rounds of Chemo and a stem cell transplant.

Geez! life sure is an up hill climb.
Wishing you well,
Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

XH29N0G

I missed that post entirely and put something up about xh.  What an ordeal. It is good to hear you are recovering. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Fred

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 08, 2018, 06:17:35 AM
I missed that post entirely and put something up about xh.  What an ordeal. It is good to hear you are recovering. 

Weren't you wearing your glasses??

JB400

Could they have been rose coloured?

Fred

Are we playing "answer the question with a question"??

JB400

will

Quote from: JB400 on May 01, 2018, 08:35:59 PM
How's your project coming along Will?  Your avatar shows a painted yet empty bay.
Sitting in the garage, awaiting the rain to stop. That picture is from a while ago. I won't go into details, but it was in body shop prison because the guy who had it was a liar. That car is operational, had it out yesterday trying to break something  :icon_smile_big:!

69wannabe

I check in a couple times a week, been really busy at work lately and since having my seats re done on the charger I really haven't done much else but ride around on the weekends a little bit. Got other projects in the works and hopefully another garage going up soon so I will have a place to work when the weather is bad. I have been on FB some lately since my daughter lives about 5-6 hrs away now and I can check in with her there and other friends that I don't see that often. Since having the engine out last year and re doing alot of stuff on the engine and around the engine I haven't done much except have the alternator repaired and having the seats re done earlier this year. I am really liking the 69 covers but there was nothing wrong with the 68 covers except for preference. Not much else going on with the charger at the moment but maybe in a few years I would like to have the car painted again and have some of the minor body issues taken care of but that will be several thousand and I have a garage to pay for before I do another paint job.....

Old Moparz

Things change whether you want them to or not, including time for forums & other websites.  :eyes:

I still log in here, browse the forums, but have been busy with repairs on my house as well as my Dad's place. Other things pop up too, so I don't post as much. My cars have taken a back seat to the house repairs & my kid starts college this fall so my money & time are tied up.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Dans 68

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 16, 2018, 03:35:02 PM
Things change whether you want them to or not, including time for forums & other websites.  :eyes:

I still log in here, browse the forums, but have been busy with repairs on my house as well as my Dad's place. Other things pop up too, so I don't post as much. My cars have taken a back seat to the house repairs & my kid starts college this fall so my money & time are tied up.

THAT is exactly what I'm going through also! Don't find as much time to work in the garage and cars, but with daughter heading east for college I believe I will find more. Or the Mrs. and I will talk more and get closer. Does that have to take a lot of time?  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

will

Hey Old Moparz, how did you make out in the storm yesterday? Hopefully those trees stayed where they were supposed to.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 16, 2018, 03:35:02 PM

Be careful up there! Had a few calls lately for folks falling from scaffolding.

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 16, 2018, 08:20:57 PM
THAT is exactly what I'm going through also! Don't find as much time to work in the garage and cars, but with daughter heading east for college I believe I will find more. Or the Mrs. and I will talk more and get closer. Does that have to take a lot of time?  ;)

Dan

x3.

Dan - out east is a pretty big swath from your location. Where is she headed?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 17, 2018, 08:24:48 AM
Lynchburg, VA

Dan

That's quite a haul. My daughter didn't want to go any farther away then she could drive in a day. She will be in the Albany NY area.  Best of luck to her (and you  :lol:)!
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Old Moparz

Quote from: will on May 17, 2018, 01:32:35 AM
Hey Old Moparz, how did you make out in the storm yesterday? Hopefully those trees stayed where they were supposed to.

Thanks for asking, but other than having to run the generator for the last few days all is okay.  :2thumbs:

About a half dozen trees came down on our dead end street & wiped out all the power & telephone lines. About 1/2 mile away much worse damage was done & it was confirmed that a tornado touched down in two locations near here.

Two local people were killed from trees landing on their cars while they were inside, including an 11 year old girl.  :'(

Not sure when things will get back to normal but if I had to guess it will be at least a few more days until power is back. There are several main roads closed due to large trees down & utility poles snapped like twigs. With all the damage around I am one lucky SOB that absolutely nothing happened at my house.  :shruggy:

The pole building behind my office had the overhead doors blown out crumpling them like foil while I was still at work. I expected to go home after seeing that to the same kind of disaster. Even the plastic lawn chair on my deck never moved.

This photo was a building that was renovated not long ago that had the entire roof ripped off. It's somewhere between where my office is & where my house is.....
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 17, 2018, 07:58:46 AM

Be careful up there! Had a few calls lately for folks falling from scaffolding.

Dan

I'm always careful, I have cup holders on the scaffold so I don't spill any beer.  :D
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 16, 2018, 08:20:57 PM

THAT is exactly what I'm going through also! Don't find as much time to work in the garage and cars, but with daughter heading east for college I believe I will find more. Or the Mrs. and I will talk more and get closer. Does that have to take a lot of time?  ;)

Dan

Maybe we should send them to the same school & see if they'll give us a DC.com group membership?   :lol:
               Bob                

BDF

Hello?
I haven't been on here as much as I was because of other distractions, work dutys, garden time & etc.
I have been on a different site more because it is easier to upload pics and enjoy the banter & sometimes the dramas are quite entertaining to me...
I do appreciate the DC.COM widom and think I shall ask for some camshaft selection advice for a stroked 440 soon.

JB400

Glad to see a few more responses. :cheers:

BDF

PS: I would assure you all it is NOT FB!

Kern Dog

Quote from: BDF on May 19, 2018, 10:57:30 PM
Hello?
I haven't been on here as much as I was because of other distractions, work dutys, garden time & etc.
I have been on a different site more because it is easier to upload pics and enjoy the banter & sometimes the dramas are quite entertaining to me...
I do appreciate the DC.COM widom and think I shall ask for some camshaft selection advice for a stroked 440 soon.

Easier to upload pictures...ABSOLUTELY ! That is the one really annoying thing here. I can change the name of a picture before posting and it will still throw that same bullshit line about using a file with the same name. What kind of Harbor Freight software is that??? WHY have that feature??? What is the harm of doing the way every other forum does it? I know very little about computers and that stuff but it seems like a really odd way to manage pictures.