News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

another dash wire question

Started by skippychad, May 01, 2018, 05:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skippychad

1969 base charger.  replacing the dash harness and coming off of the fuse block is a rather thick orange wire with a fuse holder as a part of it.    the other side of the fused wire was completely disconnected and i have no idea where it is supposed to go to.  the wire that was spliced to the orange wire was blue with a purple tracer...probably not original.

skippychad

taxspeaker

I can say for sure not a factory wire or a dealer installed original option. Based on the add-ons to the add-ons I would guess a sound related item like an amp or similar

Staxbro

Having recently rewire my dash back to original spec from the diagrams, there is definitely nothing in the original schematics that uses a heavy orange wire. All orange wires in the dash harness are 18 gauge wires for light circuits. Looks like a direct hot feed onto either the battery live busbar or the switched accessory live busbar. Mine had hundred of hot taps all over the loom which called for the rewire. Just chuck that away.. ;-)