News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can some help me with Classic Industiries Deluxe Woodgrain installation

Started by kevs1969daytona, May 05, 2018, 09:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

So I purchased a classic industries Deluxe Steering Wheel Kit from Classic Industries for my 1969 Daytona.  mw917

Now the kit says on the add it comes with a horn adaptor.

But mine came with only one piece horn adaptor and won't mount the steering wheel to the horn button, as per the first pic, but I am am almost certain I need the plastic piece that they sell on the 1970 Deluxe Steering.  They want an additional $200 for the 2 piece set, which I have one of the piece already.  Can anyone tell me if I do indeed need the plastic piece.

BLK 68 R/T

That plastic piece is for the '70 steering column only. Not used on the '68/69 column.

kevs1969daytona

Maybe I'm missing something but I can screw the Horn into that chrome horn adaptor and that's secure. How do a affix the Horn to the actually steering wheel. 

BLK 68 R/T

The horn switch mounts with 3 small screws to the wheel.

Horn switch mounts to the adapter ring with screws from the backside. Then the horn switch mounts to the steering wheel. Then the horn pad just twists on about 1/3 of a turn or so.

kevs1969daytona

Still does not work these holes in the steering which is welded needs be be screwed on from the top because theres zero room to come up from the bottom and if you come down from the top the horn adapter has no wholes on the top.  

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

kevs1969daytona

One of these ?  Sorry I had an aftermarket wheel on before and have no idea what I need thanks.

BLK 68 R/T

kevs1969daytona

no did not, but that pic above they are $55 not too bad if thats a horn switch

BLK 68 R/T

That is a horn switch. I'm not sure if they are all the same or if the Woodgrain wheel takes a specific one? As mentioned above you have to have a horn switch in order to mount the rest of the stuff.

kevs1969daytona