News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

photobucket

Started by polywideblock, February 21, 2018, 02:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

what are people doing regarding photobucket.com  , mine is stuff and they want too much money 399.00.
there must be summing to get by, what are other people doing 

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mopar Nut

I moved all of my pictures just in time.   :'(
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

polywideblock

I didn't get the chance  :'( :'(

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Nacho-RT74

There is a thread talking about this. I never used PB because never liked all the frame and website design. I preffer more basic hosting services. Using Postimage.org

THERE IS AN APP to be instaled on brownser which allows to see the images hosted at PB and blocked by the new feature. But I think sometimes doesn't work. On 3rd gen site is posted the link for this, but I can't find it right now
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Musicman

Plenty of alternative sites out there.  :cheers:

1970Moparmann

If you didn't make the albums private, you can put your username and Photobucket into a google search and you can still get your pictures.    Again, only if your albums are not set to Private.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

375instroke

I searched for Photobucket fix in the Chrome extensions, and I see others Photobucket pics now.  Firefox works the same way.

70sixpkrt

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

375instroke

I switched to that, too, but if you want to see other people's posts that have Photobucket pics in them, this works, for now.

VegasCharger

Yes I did the Google Chrome setting. But I use Firefox as my main browser. So anytime I see an old thread with that annoying Speedometer Photobucket pic, I just copy the URL from the address bar and paste it into the Google Chrome browser address bar and walla there are the pics.

As far as my personal account with PB, I have all of my pics on an external hard drive. I used PB in the event I had to use an image host to post a pic. Photobucket was my first experience as far as an image host so I stuck with them. Now that PB went comando and holding people's pics as hostage unless you pay, I couldn't care less about my PB account. They can have it and all of my pics. I already have mine saved. F U Photobucket and your $399.99, shove it.

Now I use Post Image as my main source and Tiny Pic as my secondary. I have no accounts with either of those two. I just use them when I need to post a pic. Many times I don't care if I have to retrieve the link to a certain pic as it gets lost in the internet universe. If I want to save the links I just copy and paste the URL of that certain pic on a Word Document and put a title on it describing the pic. If I lose it guess what? I'll just create another image host to what ever pic I need, it's that simple. The only downfall is that I would not post anything with personal info within the pic since my pics are not in an account and accessible for anyone to view.

:cheers:

Old Moparz

I had 100's, maybe even over 1000 photos on photobucket. I am not going to pay but I can still log in & see every single one. A lot are photos I had taken personally, but wanted to share them so I don't care if I can't get to them because I still have the original. Others were just goofy internet pics, GIF's I used as avatars, or some other reason so that was annoying when the links were broken.

Last night I was just on my account looking specfically for a few concert pics & had no trouble getting to them except for the continuous pop up ads.

Another hosting site that I've used for a long time but haven't logged into in a while is "Onfinite" which seemed to work okay.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

dual fours

IS PHOTOBUCKET BACK ON TRACK, GIVING UP OUR PHOTOS? I JUST CAME FROM PB AND COPIED THIS IMAGE AND POSTED IT HERE.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

JB400

If they are, that's the smartest thing they've done in quite a while.  Too bad a lot of the damage with customers is already done.

I can see the pic just fine :cheers:  Poly's sig is back too

dual fours

It may be a trap, RUN! :popcrn:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

JB400

In the meantime, enjoy it while it lasts.  Might need to visit some of the more informative threads and save some pix

Troy

They changed their Terms of Service May 15. It appears they lowered the price to $99 per year (well, they added a "Premium" option and changed the $400 plan to "Commercial").
http://www.photobucket.com/p500/

And also this:
QuoteIf you were a Plus Account subscriber in good standing as of June 1, 2017, you will continue to have all the privileges you have enjoyed including 3rd Party Hosting until December 31, 2018 as long as you maintain your
subscription.
https://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010128088-What-users-are-affected-by-the-changes-to-our-3rd-Party-Hosting-policies-

So it seems they may have turned some people back on. Not me, I deleted all my photos and canceled my subscription as soon as they tried to extort $400 from me.

Here's an article but I can't read it (maybe you can):
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/17/photobucket-image-hosting-plans/

But this is probably a better explanation:
http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/270064.aspx

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.