News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A two-ton brick in front of my house for a few hours....

Started by Dans 68, May 07, 2018, 06:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

Happened last night.

I was finishing walking my dogs by my home around dusk, when I noticed a car ran the stop sign at the bottom of the hill and continued up my cul-de-sac. We have been having problems with the younger and dumber crowd doing this, and damn near killing some of the locals (mostly deer) so I was very interested in this car. I stopped my walk, and gave the car my best disgusted/disapproving look I could muster. Looked like a brand new Tesla (they are plentiful around me). Lo and behold, the car slowed down, and then stopped (turned off) about 20-ft away from me. And about 20-ft from the crest of the road. Then we had a staring contest (I'm guessing here as the Tesla's windows were completely opaque) for about 10 seconds whereupon the drivers door opened. Kinda confused me. The driver said that he ran out of power just before he got home. Wow....

I told him he should have put it in neutral and coasted over the crest of the hill (I have no fricken idea if this is possible). His reply was "Really? I didn't know that was possible!"   ::)

I almost asked If he wanted help pushing the car 20-ft or so to get over the crest, and off the center-line of the road. And then I realized that he didn't know what his car really could do. And two tons to boot.

That two ton brick was still there, in the dark, in front of my house a few hours later.  :P

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259