News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Magnum 6 Pack cut away engine with stand

Started by derplumb1, May 12, 2018, 07:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

It's been messed with in the past, so it isn't completely original.  And the actual pistons go up and down.  Well, the Hemi ones Tim has do rotate.  I do not know how they keep things all together.  There is a small electric motor in the starter usually to make the whole thing move.  I have a video somewhere of the SS Hemi one he has rotating I will try to dig up.

resq302

I thought it not only spun around but also had the internals move too.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

odcics2

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on August 28, 2018, 01:43:08 PM
It looks perfectly awesome just as it is.

Would be nice kept as a survivor. 
If restored, it joins the ranks of all the other restored examples in existence!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

Quote from: resq302 on August 29, 2018, 07:23:04 PM
I thought it not only spun around but also had the internals move too.

That was always my understanding.  The Hemi ones I have seen did both.

1969 R/T SE

that motors sitting in the wellborn museum. I believed I heard the gentleman say wellborn paid 9,000$ for it could be wrong.  :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Ghoste

INTMD8

Quote from: resq302 on August 29, 2018, 01:13:41 PM
so how does the half open pistons stay in place without falling out when its moving?

I would think if they didn't actually take half of the cylinder off the side (remove say 40%?) that would be enough to keep the pistons hooked in the bore.  Just a guess.

Agreed on leaving it as-is, way cooler than restored. Even if not original now, still has a nice patina which gives it a feel of authenticity.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

v21hemicharger

odcics2

Quote from: derplumb1 on May 12, 2018, 07:17:35 AM
Does anyone know what this is worth?

Apparently, a lot.   $100,000. perhaps, based on the Juliano engine that just sold today.   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

TheAutoArchaeologist

The 440-6 at Wellborns is still untouched.  And might remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Alaskan_TA