DodgeCharger.com Forum
May 27, 2018, 03:15:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DodgeCharger.com decals are available here!

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daytona bumper jack bracket  (Read 266 times)
BS27ROB

« on: May 13, 2018, 11:20:19 AM »

I'm pretty sure whoever did the body/paint on my Daytona wasn't real familiar with these cars. I've read that sometimes the lower jack bracket is bent so the jack mast clears the wing braces. I'm  thinking he straightened it out thinking he was doing good. I've tried putting a jack in but there is no way it will clear. Does anyone have pictures of examples of originals? Are they just leaned in?
hemigeno
Global Moderator
Old Timer

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 04:12:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure whoever did the body/paint on my Daytona wasn't real familiar with these cars. I've read that sometimes the lower jack bracket is bent so the jack mast clears the wing braces. I'm  thinking he straightened it out thinking he was doing good. I've tried putting a jack in but there is no way it will clear. Does anyone have pictures of examples of originals? Are they just leaned in?

Hi Cy,

Yes, Creative apparently just bent the bracket over in an attempt to allow the bumper jack to clear the wing brace.  If your paint is already done then it's not practical to relocate that bracket inboard a little bit, which also really helps the interference issue... although some bending/twisting is still required.

cheers

taxspeaker

The Alaska Highway Superbird

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 08:02:59 PM »

Gene
You finally explained what has driven me nuts since I bought my Daytona! Thanks
Bob

Bob J
1969 Daytona 4 speed, Y2 yellow
1970 Superbird-"The Alaska Highway SuperBird" "Alpine White
1970 Superbird- "The 43 year barn find LimeLight" Bird
1994 Viper
A383Wing
Old Timer

Old, Lost & Confuzed

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 08:24:57 PM »

or you could just put the top of the jack not in the hole in the trunk webbing, just put it off to the inboard side
hemigeno
Global Moderator
Old Timer

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:25:06 AM »

Gene
You finally explained what has driven me nuts since I bought my Daytona! Thanks
Bob

Glad I could help a little bit. 

Here's a picture of an original (bent) lower bracket w/ the end of the bumper jack somewhat in place.  I honestly don't remember if the upper end rested in it's "normal" notch.

* LowerJackBracket.JPG (94.03 KB, 784x523 - viewed 59 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: