News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 A pillar

Started by john686970, May 13, 2018, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john686970

Was looking at my 69 Charger yesterday and have made the decision to replace the a pillars. This is a 69 Charger 500 that was wrecked badly in the front end. I know no one is making repops. I don't want to use the originals as the drivers side is definitely bent. Is anyone cutting up a solid b-body that would cut these out and sell them? I would need them cut out so they can be welded back in at the factory spot welds. I already have a front clip for it. I don't know if 4 doors are the same. I would think they are. I do appreciate any help with this. I will post a pic later showing detail. TYM

john686970

So I have a couple pics under the size limit and have no way of uploading them. I refuse to use Photobucket due to their ads on there. Sorry.

Kern Dog

Send a PM to VegasCharger. Bryan has all sorts of Charger and other B body parts.

john686970

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 13, 2018, 05:58:42 PM
Send a PM to VegasCharger. Bryan has all sorts of Charger and other B body parts.

Thanks KD for the plug.......... :cheers:

Quote from: john686970 on May 13, 2018, 02:58:25 PM
Was looking at my 69 Charger yesterday and have made the decision to replace the a pillars. This is a 69 Charger 500 that was wrecked badly in the front end. I know no one is making repops. I don't want to use the originals as the drivers side is definitely bent. Is anyone cutting up a solid b-body that would cut these out and sell them? I would need them cut out so they can be welded back in at the factory spot welds. I already have a front clip for it. I don't know if 4 doors are the same. I would think they are. I do appreciate any help with this. I will post a pic later showing detail. TYM

I think that you're looking for the actual A pillar metal and not the stainless trim pieces since you mentioned spot welds, correct?

Kern Dog is right, I do have parts from 1968-70 B Body 4 door cars. But an FYI: 4 door A pillars are different than the 2 door version. This includes the actual metal, exterior trim and interior trim. They have a taller windshield rake.

If you want I can help you by loading your pics in this thread topic. You can send them to my email that's listed on here in my profile page, then I will post them up in here for you.

So you'll need to hunt down somebody that's parting out a 1968-70 B Body 2 door hardtop or 2 door post. I will keep a lookout if something pops up.

:cheers:

john686970

Ok tyvm. Yes I want the entire metal A pillar that spot welds in. I will send you the pics :)

VegasCharger

Quote from: john686970 on May 14, 2018, 09:55:46 PM
Ok tyvm. Yes I want the entire metal A pillar that spot welds in. I will send you the pics :)

Thanks for emailing these pics to me for the community to see.

Here you go.

:cheers:

Highbanked Hauler

WOW, yes definitely replace them as that is a structural area.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser