News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Tail Emblem

Started by Paul 500, May 14, 2018, 04:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 500

Has anyone got a pic ( & measurements) of where the holes go for the tail emblem non R/T on a 69
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

richRTSE

With the trunk lock removed, it's 2-1/8"from bottom of lock hole to the top of the "g", and the emblem is centered with about 1" on each side...

richRTSE

To actually mark the holes, I would take a piece of stiff paper and push the pins of the emblem through the paper then trace and cut the paper in the shape of the emblem.  Then put the paper on the panel, position it correctly, and mark the holes....there are 4 holes for the emblem and they aren't in a straight line, so probably easier to mark where you need them.

Bronzedodge

I've been looking for a reproduction of that emblem, but I must be missing something, can't seem to find it.  Anyone know who has them?
Mopar forever!

green69rt

Look around on this page.  Don't have any info on quality.

http://www.mrmoparts.net/tail-panel/

Dino

I had a repro emblem and had to send it back. The pins on the back didn't line up so the emblem was crooked.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

richRTSE

Quote from: Bronzedodge on May 20, 2018, 07:06:33 AM
I've been looking for a reproduction of that emblem, but I must be missing something, can't seem to find it.  Anyone know who has them?

https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/vc101#prettyPhoto    

Pretty sure this is it. Haven't actually bought one though....

Paul 500

Excellent Thanks richRTSE. Also got a repo tail emblem from Year One & it has 3 studs.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

richRTSE

The original has 2 pins on the arrow part of the emblem...be careful when tightening it that when the nut starts to cut into the pin you don't twist the arrow and break the emblem...the extra pin would help keep it from wanting to spin.

richRTSE

So I got to wondering about the 3 vs 4 pin thing so I just went out to the garage to look at what I have....the original tailpanel from my Sept 68 built 500 is the picture with the 4 holes, emblem was missing when I got the car...the other picture is another 69 tailpanel which still had the emblem. I just removed it and it only has 3 pins and holes....and that emblem doesn't quite line up with the 4 holes in the other tailpanel.....

Paul 500

That's interesting about the pins
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500