News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

power steering box

Started by poppa, May 15, 2018, 11:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Need to replace. Firm feel ?? Which one?? Just for driving. Rebuilt from?? Thoughts? Suggestions? Cash donations?
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

timmycharger

Cash Donations? you are going to need them with Firm Feel LOL...

That is what I am running right now, Firm Feel stage 2 and I absolutely love it. Responsive steering, not like the stock box where you turn it 1/4 and nothing happens..

My power steering box did not come with any of the fittings or hoses so I had them include for additional costs.

green69rt

Yeap, FF stage 2.  Everything else pretty stock except for the Hotchkis front sway bar and 1" TB..

CDN72SE

Will also be going with a Firm Feel Stage II.
1972 Charger SE

igozumn

Went with a Stage II last year.  Hated it until I had the car aligned.  With the alignment way out, it wasn't any problem to keep the steering corrected while running down the road, since the stock over-assisted power assist was soooo easy to steer.  When I put the FF on, it wore me out fighting the pull.  Had it aligned and I've come to......tolerate it, LOL.  I liked the stock assist, and I do think the Stage II isn't bad.  I am also running a smaller than stock steering wheel, so that may affect a person's preference.  If I had the stock wheel on it, I'm sure it would be less of an issue. 

For the record, I would probably buy it again vs. a stock box.  But, I didn't mind the stock box either.  My stock box started leaking so bad, it would loose the fluid in about 2 days.  Buddy was thinking about a Stage III, so I figured I'd try out a Stage II, fix my leak, maybe I'd like it, and my buddy could see that maaaaybe a Stage III isn't reaaaaally what he should get. 
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

poppa

How hard is this to change? Just glanced at it (radiator got a leak , p-ing on my altenator) , doesn't look fun. 440 , headers , power steering. yikes!

igozumn

I don't think it's hard to change.  I mean, it's not like pulling a motor.  But I don't have headers. 
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

Canadian1968

I just had to do this twice, over the winter.   With Headers and mini starter.

I went out threw the top.

Remove battery
Disconnect hoses
Unbolt steering shaft and slide coupler off the power steering box
I removed the center link (pop both tie rods and then take off pitman arm nut. )
Unbolt Power steering box from K frame
Remove bolt from driver side motor mount and jack motor up to to pull out. 

It weighs a good 60lbs or so !!!

I took mine out with the pitman arm on.... took a little bit of wiggling but it will come out. !

poppa