News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

512 Buid

Started by chrint, May 17, 2018, 12:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrint

I own a 69 RT/SE Charger with factory 440 and are going with the 505 or 512 stroker kit.
I'm chasing big hp and trq figures, around the 650 hp and 680 trq if possible for my street driven car.
Can someone tell me what is a real good package (engine build) that will fit in my engine bay with NO exhaust fitting issues with the head combination and so on, I wish to use a hydrollic roller cam, car is auto with factory 8 3/4 set up.
What"s the best engine build set up that will produce good HP and Trq
Cheers

comet_666

Take a look at the proven engine combo's section on this site. There have been quite a few great builds there!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,124503.0.html

Challenger340

Quote from: chrint on May 17, 2018, 12:20:46 PM
I own a 69 RT/SE Charger with factory 440 and are going with the 505 or 512 stroker kit.
I'm chasing big hp and trq figures, around the 650 hp and 680 trq if possible for my street driven car.
Can someone tell me what is a real good package (engine build) that will fit in my engine bay with NO exhaust fitting issues with the head combination and so on, I wish to use a hydrollic roller cam, car is auto with factory 8 3/4 set up.
What"s the best engine build set up that will produce good HP and Trq
Cheers

We're Dyno'ing a F.T. Cammed Pump Gas 505 with Ported Sidewinder's we just finished in the next week or so, that should be in that power range ? so if you can hang tough I will post up further details and some Dyno Sheets when done.

We'll load it down around 3,500 as well as the Cam is NOT huge for the Stroke, but more to my point....  that type of Engine requires adequate support systems in the Car itself ?
* Adequate FUEL System, from the Tank right to the front.
* Adequate COOLING System (375 hp = XXX BTU's of heat energy, 650hp = XXX PLUS BTU's of Heat Energy being burned ?)
* Adequate rear gearing & tire, 8 3/4 internal components, suspension
* Adequate Body stiffening
and on and on...

Just say'in....
IMO, the outlay for an Engine like that is only about 50% of what you should be spending on the rest of the Car to "support" that type of Engine ?
they are NOT "drop-in" and GO !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

justcruisin

I am of the understanding that a 4000lb car with that kind of power on tire and a higher stall converter is gunna be pretty tough on an 8 3/4, time for a Dana.