News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone make this grommet

Started by green69rt, May 18, 2018, 03:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

On my parking brake there is a rubber grommet that keeps the spring from sliding thru this hole.  Does any one sell it.  Loots like it will have to be a split grommet to get it on.

A383Wing

Yes, someone makes the grommet, it's plastic if I remember......or, you could just get a flat washer and use a good pair of wire cutters and cut one side of the washer, then bend it open with a couple pairs of pliers, get under the dash and pull the spring back through the hole where the grommet would be, and slip the flat washer over the brake rod between the spring & where the grommet was. Then take your pliers and close the washer.

The hole in the flat washer should just be large enough to go on the brake handle rod......

Or, you can find the grommet and take your brake pull handle off to get the grommet on......but you are taking a chance of breaking the handle

Bryan  (the flat washer will never wear out)

Just 6T9 CHGR

I posted this back in 2009.....maybe this number is still available?  

QuoteThe orig part # 2467571 has been superseded to 3467919

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,62051.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

John_Kunkel

If you have the size of the hole and the size of the shaft, one of these might be available.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

green69rt

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 19, 2018, 04:33:50 PM
If you have the size of the hole and the size of the shaft, one of these might be available.

That looks promising.  Did you get the pic from a website?  I think I'll do another search, tried once already with no luck.

I bought the central jersey grommet when they had them in stock, looks like they are gone now.

green69rt

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 19, 2018, 04:33:50 PM

I couldn't find the bushing you show but I did find a 3/8" nylon hole plug.  Cut it in half and used a little round file to file out the end of the plug (pic #1) and installed it(pic  #2)!  

Almost forgot to add --- Got the plug at Lowes, in those little drawers that have nuts, bolts and things.  2 for $1.