News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 vs 69 door lock linkage

Started by 440, May 19, 2018, 08:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm sure this has been discussed a million times but pictures for us dummies would be helpful.

My 69 charger either has 68 doors or has been converted to 68 lock rods. When I ordered upper door pads many moons ago I bought 69 pads and quickly discovered my error. What is the difference in the linkage between the two?

70 sublime

68 is just a straight pull up on the button
69 has an extra pivot joint in the pull rod to get it farther forward
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

green69rt

The 69 has this added linkage.  also you have to install it correctly for it to work right (or at all.)   Here's my thread on door assembly.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,130202.0.html

Thanks for that.

I guess now I have to try and find the correct 69 door lock linkage.

green69rt

Quote from: 440 on May 20, 2018, 05:05:35 AM
Thanks for that.

I guess now I have to try and find the correct 69 door lock linkage.

Which side do you need.  I think I have one set, I'd have to look to see which one.   Some folks on here part out cars and may have some. Put an ad up in the Classified section.

I need both sides, my doors have 68 upper pads, linkage etc.

The other possible option is to modify the 69 pads to accept 68 linkage which means there will be two ferrules. It's not ideal but bugger me if I'm going to spend another $357 plus shipping again on another set of pads.  

green69rt

Quote from: 440 on May 20, 2018, 08:58:19 AM
I need both sides, my doors have 68 upper pads, linkage etc.

The other possible option is to modify the 69 pads to accept 68 linkage which means there will be two ferrules. It's not ideal but bugger me if I'm going to spend another $357 plus shipping again on another set of pads.  

Then you'd have to plug the 69 holes and that would probably never look right.  Like I said, ask around in the classified section.