News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake light issues.

Started by keith88, May 21, 2018, 07:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

Hi guys, Been a little bit since i posted been working on the car and just got the front end rebuilt ..it was a mess, MUCH better now... my next issue has been a little perplexing. I have a brake light that works randomly when it wants to its always the left that is out, All other lights like the driving lights work fine and than at other times everything works. But only when driving not when sitting at an idle or  even when i have it off they work than so its hard to figure out . I have already made sure i have cleaned where the bulb go into the body to make sure the ground is good. I know this because when my son is behind me when going to shows and cruises he tells me what happening .. Any clue on what may be happening to make it do that? I am out of ideas at this point! :pullinghair:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

metallicareload99

Quote from: keith88 on May 21, 2018, 07:10:33 PM
I have a brake light that works randomly when it wants to its always the left that is out

When you say this, do you mean that all the bulbs in the left tail/brake light assembly are out, or just one individual bulb?  Does the left turn signal work properly when there is the brake light problem?  If you are absolutely certain all the connections are good at the bulb/sockets/grounds and the wiring is good, then I would think it is a problem with the turn signal switch if all the left side bulbs are out
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

keith88

The signals work fine, its not the bulbs. Mater of fact everything works like its supposed to if I'm not moving and than at times when Im driving they work fine. Its only while Im driving that the issue happens.. that why I cant seem to fix it -dont make sense.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

John_Kunkel

The brake lights run through the turn signal switch; next time the left brake light isn't working, try fiddling with the turn signal lever while applying the brakes. If the brake light comes back on while fiddling with the lever, the turn signal switch needs replacing.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

keith88

Dose any one know where they are grounded to, is it the socket its self or are they to the body some where?