News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper pivot water seals

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, May 22, 2018, 09:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

I believe the above needs to be changed on my 69. My car has AC and the dash in in the car. I am afraid to ask what needs to happen to replace the water seals. Does the dash need to come out?  :brickwall: Or what  has to happen to replace these water seals. I am tired of water getting in the car.

Thanks!!

A383Wing

The instrument cluster has to come out, but not the entire dash......and probably the radio as well to get to the passenger side pivot

garner7555

I have an extra seal kit that is new still in the bag. If interested my email is garnerfab@gmail.com if you send me an email then I can send you pictures.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Sixt8Chrgr

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

I just put this car back together!! I was afraid of this. crap!!

I'll be doing this tomorrow, luckily the dash is still out.

Ghoste

Quote from: A383Wing on May 22, 2018, 10:02:21 PM
The instrument cluster has to come out, but not the entire dash......and probably the radio as well to get to the passenger side pivot

Unless you're a contortionist with long thin arms.   ;)

Sixt8Chrgr

I may have to live with this provided this is the issue?

JB400

Pivot seals or floor board rust repair, which would you prefer?

Sixt8Chrgr

So I did a little test. Put water through the cowl vent no leaks. Poured water in the corner of the a pillar and windshield no leaks. Took a hose and sprayed water on the windshield. Got water inside the car. I was wondering if when the original windshield was re installed in the car it was not installed correctly? Is this possible? How can I test for leaky wiper pivots?

Thanks

HeavyFuel

I can relate.

Every precaution was taken when I put my car together....new seals everywhere, new windshield with gasket, caulking, you name it.

First time caught in a downpour, rain poured in from under the dash, right where the peddles are.

Never did chase the problem, my car had been together for only a few months, and I was not about to tear it apart.......maybe someday I will.    I just stay out of the rain now.

Sixt8Chrgr

I looked up windshield replacement in the FSM. It states that the windshield gasket is supposed to sit in sealer cement across the entire cowl. I also would not doubt that the windshield gasket we have to buy today are not close to the original fit and finish. I have not decided whether or not I will take my windshield out and try to have it installed correctly? Like you my car has only been finished a few months.