News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has it been that long?

Started by Wakko, May 23, 2018, 10:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

Seems like I was last here in 2009...not quite sure how THAT happened.   Got married, got divorced, knocked someone up and now I have a 1 year old, and I finally moved out of my little house with the tiny garage and into a house with a 2 car garage.  The Charger is a mess, won't be running anytime soon, but hopefully I can start chipping away at it.  Single dad and 12 hour shifts make it hard to do ANYTHING, but I can dream.   Sold my Grand National a few years ago and drive a pickup now, too.  Oddly, I don't miss it, but the new owner has it in the 10s. 

Glad to see some familiar faces still posting!
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Lennard

Dino

Good to see you back here. Still playing fuzz down in Florida? I recall you being in an accident with the Charger well over 10 years ago. What does it need besides loads of time and money?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Wakko

Reassembly and some rust work.  I'm sure it's missing parts, and lots of things need to be redone (rearend was leaking, brakes sucked, things like that).   Yep, still fuzzin it up.  Driving a '17 Charger now actually.  I'm not that impressed.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

kab69440

Good to see you again! It's been too long!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Dino

Haven't seen you around much either Kenny!

Emily says hi to both you guys 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Wakko

Agreed.  Now if I can somehow get my Charger in some sort of order again...that's been even LONGER.    I saw the guys on Roadkill take a shell and get it running pretty easily...why can't I do that?
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Kern Dog

Maybe because you have pride?
Kidding. Hot rodding is fun but I do have to shake my head sometimes at the stuff they do.

Wakko

I'd rather be driving a POS Charger than sitting in one in the garage playing sound effects over my phone!    :brickwall:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mike DC

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Glad to see you returned :cheers:  I'm one of the new guys.  (Been awhile since I could say that) :icon_smile_big:

Wakko

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

nvrbdn

Welcome back. Good luck getting that Charger back on the road. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

kab69440

Quote from: Dino on May 28, 2018, 06:50:54 PM
Haven't seen you around much either Kenny!

Emily says hi to both you guys 

Sorry about that, Doc. I spent four years in an apprenticeship program working and going to school two hours one way from the house. I've been pipelining for the last couple of years which pretty much means I live in my service rig.

It pays pretty good and I got to buy a few acres in the middle of nowhere late last year. Some rolls and bordered on one side by a creek. So, I have a place to put up a shop. I can ride the creek a mile and a half to get to the Scioto in my kayak. Fishing isn't too bad there, either.

So maybe in a couple of years Janine and I can move the hell out of this city and find some peace. I did grab her a new pair of quarters last year at the Nats. The plan is to put another six inches on the hips and four at the bust, with vintage stock car height and rake. I can do cool stuff now. I traded off that golf cart for a portable weld rig maybe two years ago.

My surname is Beveridge if you or anyone else care to look me up on facebook to catch up. Those late night chat sessions are sorely missed, here.

Give my Ems huggies and lovins, and take care of yourself man!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Wakko

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

kab69440

LaRue, Ohio. Maybe 20 minutes from the house.

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny

Wakko

My folks built a place up in Tennessee...some day I hope to retire there.  I may take the Charger there...figure it'd be cheaper to get it fixed up than in south Florida.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

kab69440

TN is gorgeous! I envy them! If you're going to retire, that's an ideal place to do it!

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny

Wakko

I love it there.  My son's mother lives down here near me though, so those factors will dictate what I can and can't do. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Wakko

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Old Moparz

Quote from: Wakko on June 05, 2018, 05:30:10 PM